Airstream No4

NeilM
Go to Rifle: Whiscombe
Where: Weston-super-Mare

#1 Airstream No4

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:04 am

It's about time I posted a picture of my newly acquired No.4

This was made for Sam Barr, and has unfortunately shed its original stock in the six years since it was made.

I took it down the new course at Avon Hawks yesterday and my word it shoots well. I shall use it for the last two shoots of the year in SWEFTA, then decide on next season. I will also be dropping it in to Shaun sometime soon, just to have a checkup done.... not that I think anything needs doing, not with the way it is shooting.

This is what it originally looked like, and if anyone knows the whereabouts of that stock, I would be very interested.

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#2 Re: Airstream No4

Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Stunning in that new stock.
NeilM

#3 Re: Airstream No4

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:03 pm

Thanks.

It shoots SO well.

The whole firing cycle is just a delight.
NeilM

#4 Re: Airstream No4

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Update.

Since having had the ISP serviced and repaired by Shaun I have been shooting it, a lot. I even did a back to back test with my TM1000 and the ISP still came out as my favourite. So, having used a bean bag under the stock to raise the whole rifle up a bit since buying it, and having decided that I want to use the ISP in competition I took the bold step of handing the stock to my friend Rich with the request that he cut a hamster out of the stock.

In an ideal word the hamster would be a little deeper, but Rich did the best possible job with the available wood.

Buried in the stock were two 3/4" alloy bushes put there to hold the action mounting screw. I'm not sure why there are two. Both bushes needed to be cut and faced to provide a square support for a pair of posts. One post is bolted to the hamster and fits into a recess where the action mounting screw also lives, the other is used to secure the hamster to the stock using a threaded brass bush in the stock.

My original idea was to use the action mounting bolt to secure the hamster, but as this turned out to be a Whitworth thread, it was just easier to thread a bush M6 and use new countersunk allen bolts.

Since the photos the bushes in the hamster have been glued in place and the M6 machine screws I had here have been replaced with allen bolts.

I have also replaced the trigger blade with one of Maestro's 3d printed blades, which is excellent. The butt pad is also 3d printed by Brian Sampson and is now pointing in the right direction (Rich is left handed and obviously had a little try of the stock while it was with him)

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#5 Re: Airstream No4

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:51 am

Photobucket is the Muther of all cluster fucks :evil:

Can't be sure but I think this may be the picture before (most likely) a wood/laminate stock upgrade by NeilM

Original pics & Posting & owner: Paul D.
Attachments
ISP MkIII - 001.jpg
Original state #4
ISP MkIII - 002.jpg
Original state #4

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”