Schmidt & Bender launched the 12.5-50x56 FT II scope

BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#11 Re: Schmidt & Bender launched the 12.5-50x56 FT II scope

Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Is that the bubble level that comes with it , as in the top photos ?
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#12 Re: Schmidt & Bender launched the 12.5-50x56 FT II scope

Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Oldtanky wrote:Is that the bubble level that comes with it , as in the top photos ?
Yes, The FTII has it: viewtopic.php?f=162&t=1376

The scope people I spoke to at IWA 2015: http://www.pimpmyairgun.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=1478

..you could drop Helke Karen Hesse an email, and ask directly:

- whats the deal with the FTII ?

DSC_0070.JPG
S&B.png
Adam Benke.png
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#13 Re: Schmidt & Bender launched the 12.5-50x56 FT II scope

Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Matt wrote:Received the ft2 through the post today, we have it on long term test over winter, not for me unfortunately...

Any questions I will try to answer or ask the tester as I am not sure when he is coming to pick it up.

Matt
Would be good to compare the UK tester's feedback to Sven's initial observations, Matt...Cheers !
Matt
Go to Rifle: Anschutz
Where: Rotherham

#14 Re: Schmidt & Bender launched the 12.5-50x56 FT II scope

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:54 pm

I will try to gather my thoughts on it and I need to email S&B to see what they say first.

I thought it was reviewed recently in shooting Sports magazine recently, have a look for that review.

Matt
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#15 Re: Schmidt & Bender launched the 12.5-50x56 FT II scope

Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Matt wrote:I will try to gather my thoughts on it and I need to email S&B to see what they say first.

I thought it was reviewed recently in shooting Sports magazine recently, have a look for that review.

Matt

Cheerio ..."Shooting Sports" the only publication so far ?
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#16 Re: Schmidt & Bender launched the 12.5-50x56 FT II scope

Fri May 22, 2015 11:32 pm

Mmm...so, I was correct with my gut feeling per what I said in this thread per my face to face discussion with them at IWA:

viewtopic.php?f=130&t=1478

What an anti climax :?

credit: http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/foru ... 637&page=2
Attachments
S&B - FTII.png
Matt
Go to Rifle: Anschutz
Where: Rotherham

#17 Re: Schmidt & Bender launched the 12.5-50x56 FT II scope

Sat May 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Ok my thoughts....

I tested the scope after neil Hague had tested it as I wanted to back up / give credence to what he found not that you should need to with a shooter of neils ability.

For me the image quality was lacking, it was bright and clear but had zero definition, the chromatic aberration I could see when looking at brightly lit targets, initially the image seemed slightly tinged brown but I soon got used to it and didn't really notice it after the initial viewing.

Rangefinding capabilities, hhhmm, this is where I disagree slightly with Neil I agree that the image didn't snap in or out of focus like a nikko but I didn't expect it to, what I was looking for was repeatability when ranging. Ranging wise it was like using a very good leup 20-50 when it was in focus I knew it was there (I know neil struggled with 50-55) but I could instantly tell a 54 yard target from a 55 yard target and it fell at the exact same point each time. The only thing I would say is it was bloody slow to focus, one of the slowest scopes I have ever seen in fact.

So would I use one, this is a question that is very hard to answer, I advised schmidt that I would prefer it not to be released without a good few changes, I could use the scope as it is and I believe it could be very good with a the changes but they seem happy to go with the findings of their home grown shooters.

I forgot to include the thoughts on temp sensitivity, I am assured they do not have an issue in this area, I couldn't confirm or deny this and as I have said about the kahles ultimately I think we will only find this out over time once production models are out.

Matt
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#18 Re: Schmidt & Bender launched the 12.5-50x56 FT II scope

Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:17 pm

...not a renowned reseller in Euro for good deals...but when I see price drops like this about a product, supposedly a Euro 1000 mark down (yes, I know, Its simple "marketing" ploy - but to even post it like that) AND its cheaper than Adam Benke by another Euro200 ...tells you something not quite right :roll:

Expensive idle stock...sitting around like paperweights Eeesh ! does S&B listen :?: Hello ? ...anyone at S&B listening ? when can we expect S&B FT III ? :oops:

To kick the boot in - Kahles did their homework, and got 10/10 for LISTENING to UK FT shooters and effecting the necessary changes to the guinea pig scope Matt H. was testing over 2 seasons

Isnt the point your largest FT market is the UK in the several hundred competitors ? , and not the Motherland, where its a few dozen chaps ? Makes you wonder who is in charge of this palava at S&B ...especially when the $$$ market is the UK.
Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 18.16.02.png

Return to “Lothar Walther, March, Sightron, etc...”