Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Leupold VX6 7-42X56 < Not suitable for FT

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:17 pm

credit: http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/t ... +7-42x56mm

HERE: http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting ... us-target/

HERE: More info.: http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... r-release/

Retail about USD$1999

"Well guys, it's all bad news on this one. Gorgeous glass, awesome reticle and excellent potential but it will not work for FT purposes.

So when the scopes (and yes there were two) were originally purchased, they reparallaxed them down to 10 yards. Got them and sure enough they went down to 10. Problem was, the furthest they would go out on 42x was 15 yards. So back to Leupold they went.

These were the first two the custom shop had done any work on, so I give them the benefit of the doubt here as it was a learning process for everyone. They told me the lowest they could get them down was 20 yards while still maintaining 55 yards plus on the long end. I figured I would give it a shot and see how it worked with a close focus adapter. I know on my Competition scopes, I could go to roughly 20 yards with the close focus adapter if I really wanted to. Sadly, that was not the case on these. While the adapter did take it down to 10 yards, and out to about 15 yards, that was where it stopped. Which leaves 16-19 yards totally unaccounted for on the highest magnification. Not my idea of acceptable. So back they are going to be reset to factory and I will likely be selling them when they come back. So if someone is looking for one or two factory stock VX6 7-42x56mm Leupold's, let me know and we can deal! Could make a really nice BR scope IMO. The reticle is easily one of the best I have ever seen. If they can put it in a Comp series scope, mine will be heading to them to be redone.

Just figured I would share my experience.

Tyler"
Steve
Go to Rifle: Walther
Where: Bolton

#2 Re: Leupold VX6 7-42X56 < Not suitable for FT

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:14 pm

So basically the same as the majority of 20/50's that we've been using for years.Every one Ive had had a blind spot around 17-19yds on full mag.Plenty things have been won using 20/50s.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#3 Re: Leupold VX6 7-42X56 < Not suitable for FT

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:17 pm

My PR VX3 20-50 topped out at 58 yards originally and came down to 16. 50ft adaptor sub 8 yards to 14 yards 1 foot leaving blind spot to 16. From memory think it had 2/3 of a rev on focus adjuster, genuine fixed Mark 4 have more via a sliding cam.
"They all vary" was the quote from the master just before he died in 2005. He also stated the Mark 4 8-25 boosted had a limited focus range like 40 to 55 yards.

3 yards is good enough if the scope works well.
I am using a scope that wont come below 13 yards because it transforms the scope in to something sensational rather than unusable in function that will come below 10 yards. Luckily noddy targets are frowned upon the last two years but are in the rules, just guess that's good enough.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.

Return to “Lothar Walther, March, Sightron, etc...”