Ans 9015 - 005.png
Ans 9015 - 006.png
Ans 9015 - 007.png
BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#2 Re: Anschutz 9015 - a Pictorial ...

Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:20 am

Fantastic work Jon, pity I can't use those mods in what I shoot, you have either got it or you ain't.
You sir, have definitely got it.
Ben.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#3 Re: Anschutz 9015 - a Pictorial ...

Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Thank you both beauty is only skin deep they say, cosmetics bottom of the list.
Main idea was to build something Anchutz would be happy with rather like the Mercedes to Brabus or BMW to M series labels.
Is it too early for rifle of the year :lol:
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
NeilM
Go to Rifle: Whiscombe
Where: Weston-super-Mare

#4 Re: Anschutz 9015 - a Pictorial ...

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Is there any chance that Anschutz would turn it into a production rifle?

Or more likely that they are happy for RUAG to supply you (and only you) with rifles for you to convert.
BenGun

#5 Re: Anschutz 9015 - a Pictorial ...

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Don't forget Ferrari.
Talking of which, you haven't made gun of the year yet, that's the Pardini waiting for you.
::-D
Any one can buy an Anschutz mate, buy it in Europe and by pass Ruag ,and save yourself a fortune, save yourself £600- £700 that way.
NeilM
Go to Rifle: Whiscombe
Where: Weston-super-Mare

#6 Re: Anschutz 9015 - a Pictorial ...

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:49 pm

That would be my preferred route, but I am interested in the fact that RUAG are heavily involved in this project and have taken at least one order straight off the back of it (at the show).
BenGun

#7 Re: Anschutz 9015 - a Pictorial ...

Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:19 pm

Don't understand mate, RUAG gave Mat a 9015 that's it, the rest is down to Jon Harris?.
On the back of that they gave Mat ( deservedly) a sponsored rifle, you would pay Ruag 6-700 quid that could be in your pocket.
Not sure I can see the logic in that.
Buy one in the EU and ask Jon if you can send it to him for conversion, by the time you have paid Jon, you will still be quids in.
EU deliver door to door, if your having a conversion done your warranty is out the window any way
Parts are easier to get, cheaper as well, prompt fast delivery.
Win win.
Jon

#8 Re: Anschutz 9015 - a Pictorial ...

Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Bit of a grey area and where our distributors and shops cannot compete on a like for like basis with the rest of Europe.
Some rifles we can buy are actually cheaper than UK trade price, some as much as £300 cheaper.

Do know Ruag were due a big push this year but just heard Anchutz prices going up 15% after IWA and feel that will price them out the market even in Europe.
Or another way of looking at it is as happened in the 70's people bought foreign goods and supported them rather than their own jobs, whether thats worth £600 is debateable.
Then add on the thousands its knocked Ruag and other distributors in doing the show to be greeted with I can get cheaper than your trade price from Europe yet alone a shop price, were at a loss.
BenGun

#9 Re: Anschutz 9015 - a Pictorial ...

Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:33 pm

Just looked, saving would be, depending on outlet £6-£700.
I'd buy in the UK if they came close to the EU prices.
Saving that sort of cash, no matter where your loyalties lay, any one would go down the road of saving that sort of money.
That's the reason it's the common market we are free to shop any where in the EU.
I went to the UK importer of FWB,for some blue O ring seals, it as I shot mine out the window.
He didn't have any in stock, would take weeks to get, cost a bloody fortune.
ONE phone call to the EU on Monday morning, I had three O rings turn up first post on Thursday, total cost with postage €3.85
Why would I or any one else not take the plunge.
When the UK can compete, I'll buy in the UK.
Untill then I'm shopping in the EU.
UK importers wouldn't complain if the opposite were true, and the EU were shopping in the UK with massive savings would they, of course the wouldn't.
£-€ rate is good at the moment as well but that can change as it has done in the past.
Swings and roundabouts.
Every serious shooter I know in the UK buys there pellets in the EU, Why, because they can get a tin of the finest pellets for about £4.80, instead of £7-9 a tin.
Bought in bulk deliverd door to door.
99% of EU dealers speak English perfectly, 99% of EU dealers will give you price on an item straight away with postage , 99.9 % of EU dealers are super enthusiastic about there trade and customer is No1, 99% have parts to hand and can deliver in three days.
How many UK outlets or dealers can do that, not many is the answer.
Jon

#10 Re: Anschutz 9015 - a Pictorial ...

Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Think the main problem across the board is distributors have to buy from source at probably dearer prices than larger Eu shops due to then buying more. Add on shipping which should be cheaper in bulk, offset with the middle mans over heads and profit, repacking and shipping out to dealer again plus profit.
Most of the larger shops buy direct from source cutting out the middle man whereas cannot do that in UK.

UK RRP Fen blue bolt seal £14.95 only got two. I'll have it off you original was still in, transfer port one cant drop out.

Fully understand why people import its not £50 here or there, one particular rifle works out literally £118 dearer at trade price paying dealer £50 to accept, you had one Ben, then got sight set to flog on £130 to £150, so pretty much even.
Others or where comparing UK shops to Eu large shops will be more rewarding.
Not singling anyone out just for compare take http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/An ... -1173.html £2665 plus £35 shipping to an RFD plus their charge X amount and collection from there. Take your favourite http://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/ansc ... ision.html Euros 3000 + 40 shipping at todays = £2359+ £10 transfer fee.
Difference is sub £400, question is what can the UK do about it?

Return to “Jon Harris (UK)”