Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#1 JH Anchutz 9015 HFT Muther

Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:36 pm

DSCN62600001Lol Moore.JPG
Top view
DSCN61470001Anchutz cylinder new end plugs at 300bar_1.JPG
305bar test
Just a taster though this should be in the stock makers section.

Shortened cylinder 94mm!
With new end plug zero tolerance, Fosters quick fill, dust cap, new valve 26mm long with guage on underside to show through the stock. Still ends up 110mm shorter than the horrible probe type quick fills and robust.

Pressure testing to 305 bar, almost zero expansion.
DSCN61460001Anchutz cylinder new end plugs at 300bar.JPG
Cylinder Test 305bar
Poor piccy, I have a leak on the high pressure line currently around 285bar.
DSCN61470001Anchutz cylinder new end plugs at 300bar_1.JPG
305bar test
From solid the stock, its all about weight and strength with the view to get a thumb up.
Aluminium is removed where not needed rather than leave whole even to the extent of going down the sides of the underside T slot.
Its also bedded in correct, time proven single point fixing I used myself some 13 years ago. Big no on side fixings and the 8002 rear fixing can be problematic.
Must say this will be the last I do of these its unbelievably difficult to do no one will comprehend even well regarded gun makers. Problem is attaching the pistol grip, no room for any fixing/s. Very easy to just make a grip and bolt on in conventional manner with no regard to fit how all other stocks are done.

Engineering minded will now see why.
Since all about weight many ideas didn't cut the mustard. Seen here with ingenious lock up on first joint barely taking any room up except 2mm in to the grip wood.
Even the first joint is short so your nose doesn't touch and criteria so that your wrist doesn't foul the 2nd joint with the drop.

DSCN61520001Lol Moore Anchutz 9015.JPG
Inletting
DSCN62920001Lol Moore.JPG
Cast off, lockup
Grip sits in there with thumb up.

This will give some vague idea of where or how to attach pistol grip to aluminium. Bare in mind the grips sculpted undercut from this top view and no screws to show through the actual wood grip is extremely problematic as a one off. Mean while weeks later and downtime, whereas any normal stock you can just bolt anything on however wrong.

How about this never seen in airgunning only in high class English shotguns.
Looks nothing but its a brace to solve part of the zero shift no one else has noticed to date. Knew about it 13 years ago, if put a mount there it will shift zero 3/8" at 14 yards!
Insert smoked in no gaps but the slight chamfer on the Anchutz action looks like theres a gap. Its drilled through from above on the side chamfer and tapped M2 bracing this left hand slot up.
DSCN63320001Lol Moore.JPG
Infill/Brace
Lastly it will be anodised tomorrow and in line with customers wishes to remain anonymous I cant post any more piccies.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
johnnyboy
Go to Rifle: FWB
Where: Blaydon on Tyne

#2 Re: JH Anchutz 9015 HFT Muther

Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:38 pm

The Guru strikes again.....Nice work Jon :D :D :D :D :D
Jon

#3 Re: JH Anchutz 9015 HFT Muther

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:49 pm

I dont want to do it again even if could figure out dimensions and design it still wouldnt be worth while.
Conventonal aluminiums stocks real easy in comparison done right, ths latest is beyond comprehension.
I'll just post a piccy of the anodised parts tomorrow.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#4 Re: JH Anchutz 9015 HFT Muther

Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:21 pm

Ah ! at last, some semblance of an alustock ;)

Still in Meccano form, will be lovely to appreciate the fully assembled stock and barreled action combo with grip, cheekrest, hamster and scope...

Couldnt work out too well what was what from your previous piccies Jon ;)
Attachments
JH - New Alu STock.jpg
Jon

#5 Re: JH Anchutz 9015 HFT Muther

Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:05 pm

You wouldnt its never been done before in airgunning.

This ones a lot harder than the one last year, its all about weight. What was ok for the other one is a no go on this one and in that have no or little room for the built in attachments.

Say that as all other stocks are made then grips and such like just bolted on right or wrong which is at least 30 times easier and conventional.

Even a time served engineer wouldnt grasp much of the short comings and run a mile. Admittedly I did come close three times on how to do certain aspects of it, many days passed several times over and o further actual work done.

You can make an aluminium stock conventional in no time, easy to work out whats needed with the overall view, aboves a totally different entity not one league but two or three leagues ahead of all others.
johnnyboy

#6 Re: JH Anchutz 9015 HFT Muther

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:27 am

Simply a work of Art Jon.....hope the owner appreciates what you have created.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#7 Re: JH Anchutz 9015 HFT Muther

Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:28 pm

...just out of curiosity Jon...

Now that the alu stock its complete ...why not not bang out 2 or 3 more duplicate stocks using these finished parts NOW as templates ???

Am rather intrigued & wonder if perhaps this is the moment to quickly fabricate 2 to 3 clone copies before the whole rifle is assembled ...as in the future of course, It will be a memory & challenge of having to build up from scratch & be slow process , IF you're willing to accept an ££ order ;)

NB: Have posted your last year's magical Darron Hillier rifle, for readers to compare with your new JH 2018 Muther f***r :lol: :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Attachments
Worlds-Day-1-9-of-95.jpg
This is Jon Harris's 'last year's' 2017 creation - the rifle belongs to Darron H.
Darron Hillier - Anschut 9015 by Jon Harris.jpg
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG
Jon

#8 Re: JH Anchutz 9015 HFT Muther

Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:39 pm

Just takes far too long to even make one when you know what your doing.

Remember these are one offs not some banged out by cnc with all its failings and compromises masked over.

Should be ready Wednesday afternoon.

After last weeks anodisng i found a major problem the owner would have never accepted, couldnt unscrew cylinder and gauge without taking the barrel off.

Of course this posed major problems on a finished product. If i changed one thing i would have to remake 3 new muzzles or shorten the finished anodised cylinder.

19 1/2 hrs later job done Friday night all ends flush and cylinder now able to be taken off full of air leaving gauge intact poking through bottom of stock.

New parts anodised tomorrow.
johnnyboy

#9 Re: JH Anchutz 9015 HFT Muther

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:29 am

Was that a senior moment.......... :D :D :D :D :D
Jon

#10 Re: JH Anchutz 9015 HFT Muther

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Beginning to think it Johnny, whilst taking it out the several times never used the guage.
Just took the replacement in to anodisers and a part to match from last week.

Put it all together tomorrow afternoon.

Return to “Jon Harris (UK)”