RWS Snipers - Medium & Light - What's your experience ?

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 RWS Snipers - Medium & Light - What's your experience ?

Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:24 pm

Whats your experience ?

ie- what gun make, barrel & distance , fps - if you post some pellet groupings ..

considering this - viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1806

>> https://www.hn-sport.de/en/air-gun-hunt ... medium-177 >> 8.5gr << I suspect that 40 yard grouping was made with these...
9003_pellet_test.jpg
9003_pellet_test.jpg (110.95 KiB) Viewed 2841 times
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#2 Re: RWS Snipers - Medium & Light - What's your experience ?

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:26 pm

credit: http://www.jsb-diabolos.de/?224,hnn-sniper-light-4-5 only these are stocked so far

Have asked Olga & Bogdan when they can start stocking the MEDIUM...
NeilM
Go to Rifle: Whiscombe
Where: Weston-super-Mare

#3 Re: RWS Snipers - Medium & Light - What's your experience ?

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:40 pm

I have been using H&N Sniper Medium's all year in my Walther Dominator and found they suit it very well.

Initially H&N were having trouble with the skirts deforming badly and around this time I started up a dialogue with one of the guys in R&D. It seems there was an issue with the dies and production stopped in March. I was told a guestimate would be late summer before production started again

Late summer I contacted H&N and was sent three tins of pre production pellets from the new dies. No damaged skirts, but I detected a variation is skirt sizes as the chrono was reading up to 30 fps variations which could be seen in the groups down range. However, the Walther didn't seem to care and produced even tighter groups at 50 yards than before. All of this was fed back to H&N.

Full production has now started and as of last week 350,000 tins were ready to be packed and sent out and the production line was at capacity.

In general I have found some barrels work very well with sniper mediums and the rest are OK to pretty average. When I chose them it was in a proper accuracy trial, starting with 20 tins of various pellets, including ten different tins of JSB's each from a different batch. In the end the snipers just pipped the JSB's, so I bought ten tins of each. I added more snipers later and have an order in with my buddy who runs a gun shop to keep me back ten tins as soon as the new stock arrives in the UK.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#4 Re: RWS Snipers - Medium & Light - What's your experience ?

Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Got email today - ordered 50 tins (5 sleeves)

Works out at Spot Forex (including DHL) = Euro 393.50 / GBP £333.69 = £6.67 per tin
O & B.png
http://jsb-diabolos.de/?225,hnn-sniper- ... 5&sLang=en
HN - Medium.png
9003_pellet_test.jpg
NeilM

#5 Re: RWS Snipers - Medium & Light - What's your experience ?

Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:21 pm

Good to know they are starting to appear again.

Hopefully they will be back in the UK soon too.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#6 Re: RWS Snipers - Medium & Light - What's your experience ?

Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:43 pm

credit: http://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors- ... line-by-hn

"...Less than two years ago, H&N relocated the plant and the machines, re-vamped and streamlined its production. It was a huge financial, logistical, human and technological effort on their part to do this and still keep on going with the supply, the development and all the intense activity that goes hand in hand with a world-class company that supplies a good part of the Olympic shooters and Top of the World aspiring shooters everywhere. Yes we lost some products (like the EXCELLENT 0.20" cal. Lasers) , but the results have been nothing less than amazing.

Not all companies were so lucky. Some pellet companies failed, or decided to close given the increasing restrictions, regulations and difficulties that go hand in hand with the lead raw material; and designs that were interesting were about to be lost. Except that H&N saw the opportunity where others saw the problem and when PAX (UK) decided to sell, they were ready to buy. PAX was making in the UK the "Range Master", "Pile Driver", "Dynamics" as well as some Prometheus pellets.

And so it happened that they bought the whole operation, "lock, stock and barrel", and moved it to Germany.

Fast forward almost a year and half and we now have the first results of that vision.

H&N has been a long time supporter of FT and was kind enough to send some of the first samples to come out of the Sniper line. They admit that the line is not running as smoothly as they like (some skirts are "wavy"), and the offerings are,
for now, limited to the 4.50 head diameter. In the future, the Sniper line will also offer the 4.52 mm's head diameter for those of us that shoot non-Match barrels."
Attachments
6994247_orig.jpg
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#7 Re: RWS Snipers - Medium & Light - What's your experience ?

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:21 pm

5 Sleeves received (50 tins = 25,000 pellets) well packed in carboard box + bubble & styrofoam to prevent damage whilst in transit.

Pellet skirts look consistently uniform.

A BIG thanks to Olga & Bogdan from: http://jsb-diabolos.de/
Attachments
DSC_1146.JPG
DSC_1148.JPG
DSC_1151.JPG
DSC_1152.JPG
DSC_1165.JPG
DSC_1169.JPG
NeilM

#8 Re: RWS Snipers - Medium & Light - What's your experience ?

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:45 pm

That's a different batch to the tins I have.

I was using some today in my recently serviced ISP to buck the wind nicely. I find them a very predictable pellet, especially on windy days.

25,000 pellets... and I thought you were only a collector. Clearly not.

Enjoy.
NeilM

#9 Re: RWS Snipers - Medium & Light - What's your experience ?

Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:14 am

I had an e-mail from H&N yesterday saying that the Sniper Mediums will soon be back in the UK.

I don't know why they had been keeping production quiet, testing the water closer to home possibly, anyway, they will be contacting Rotherey's to let them know SM's are back in production.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#10 Re: RWS Snipers - Medium & Light - What's your experience ?

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:31 pm

:?: thought I had previously posted this ...must be age catching up :lol:

-----------

What does the bar code mean ?

CN161115.90804.16

Hello,

this number is the batch-number for each lot.

The first 6 digits after “CN” were the date of packaging in a reverse sequence: Here it is one of the new batches, packed on 15th of November 2016.

The second number is the number for the person concerned for packaging.

Hope this information helps.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/With best regards

Peter Schmidt
Forschung & Entwicklung
Research and Development

Haendler & Natermann Sport GmbH
Auf dem Dreisch 2
D-34346 Hann.Münden
T +49 5541 90963 - 33
F +49 5541 90963 - 96
peter.schmidt@hn-sport.de
<www.hn-sport.de>