AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Making a PCP from scratch..

Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:35 pm

credit: Wingman USA

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/a-few ... -projects/

Will post all pictures later...but got to see to believe...truly an amazing read...
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#2 Re: Making a PCP from scratch..

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Hats off for having a go but pretty basic old fashioned design. Suspect been reading a certain book based on the old 80's Daystate. Bought in trigger the hard bit to make and get right more so if proper two stage, Steyr rail and pistol grip.

When i first started making air rifles i hadnt even a mill until i made the first 7, every part a one off with nothing to work from and totally different design to all others and still is. Far cry from the so called one offs Bowket produced all using production cylinders, end plugs and valves etc some even a change of breach block aint a one off just an easy way out.

Other concerns are drill press vice used for milling and going arse about face ie machining o ring groves several stages after losing zero. Will never remove part and put back in anything and retain concentricity.

Do like the way he has done the Fosters fitting albeit in horrible brass but surely that better on end of rifle saving several inches on length and weight!

Other good points look like decent wall tube used and for the first time ever seen from US the end plug fittings done right and counterbored in to end plugs using the cap heads as a shear.

Look at the LD1 two flimsy mushroom head screws too close to end of tube with shear on the 2 off 3/16 threads!
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.

Return to “*** GENERAL CHAT / DISCUSSIONS / NEWS ***”