IMG-20170825-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20170825-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20170825-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20170825-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20170825-WA0023.jpg
SnowBall

#2 Re: Custom Barreled Action - MEC stock

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:29 am

I designed the action of this carbine few years ago and took some time to see it finally come true. The action mechanism was originally designed for benchrest, capable of shooting with 0.177 and 0.22 calibers, and so it was for a while with very good results. A specific BR stock was made and I obtained very good results even at 100m.

The action mechanism was designed following a serie of premises such as the side lever cocking system, pellet loading system directly in the barrel without drill any transfer port in the barrel (similar to Steyr or Anschutz), or the possibility to remove or change the barrel without having to disassemble the scope.

Other features were also implemented such as the interchangeable transfer port (different pitch diameters). This part is located in the bolt, different than the Steyr system that is located in the breech block.

The cylinder is titanium grade 5, the quickfill cap is aluminum 7075 T6, as the main block of the action. The rear cap where the regulator is housed is stainless steel. I am sure that it will withstand any pressure.

The pressure regulator was also designed by me (simple and reliable), well ... the regulators. Right now it works with 2 regulators, although it was originally thought to work with only one. The regularity/constancy is very good.

The barrel is 45cm (almost 18inch). Shroud is carbon fiber. I have done several tests for the monocore silencer but I still do not decide on any. By the way, the barrel is free floated. The 8 is only attached to protect the barrel and to support the ti cylinder.

The stock is a MEC mark1, cheek posts have been replaced with longer ones. The custom eight and the trigger guard have also been designed according to the shape of the stock. MEC free position butt stock and palm rest from Bruno Silva. For the palm rest I had to make new fixing parts (to the stock rail). The scope rail is the work of Katta airguns (top quality!!). The mounts and the scope are provisional. They were fitted only to make the preliminary tests.

Although I still have to do many tests and change the set up, I can say that for now the current result looks good to me. Of course, if I had to redesign it today I would change some things (thinking about FT).

It's been a long time since the first sketch on a paper, going through the CAD to the milling machine, and I know that many pieces are not perfect because I'm not a professional and I don’t have the proper machines, but I'm very happy to be able to use something I designed and manufactured almost entirely. More than enough for me!!

I hope you like it!
SnowBall

#3 Re: Custom Barreled Action - MEC stock

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:57 am

This was the Bench Rest set-up with the 5.5 mm barrel. Unfinished stock.... :oops: :oops:
Attachments
eps BR la bastida 1.jpg
eps BR la bastida 2.jpg
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#4 Re: Custom Barreled Action - MEC stock

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:58 am

Awesome ! Amazing and congrats ! Its good to see you pursue the ambition and dream of building your own action barreled block...some of us can only imagine...but you made yours a reality.

KATTA, LOBO, SnowBall - all Spanish entrepreneurs !

PS: Emilio, can you post if you have pictures ...Target groupings from the FT and Benchrest set up ?
mitchejc
Go to Rifle: Atom
Where: Centurion

#5 Re: Custom Barreled Action - MEC stock

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:39 pm

VERY well done Snowball! I can imagine a lot of work went into that project.
I like the very solid action and the way you attached the barrel with the angled grub skrews, that's clever. I'm guessing that is one very accurate rifle.
SnowBall

#6 Re: Custom Barreled Action - MEC stock

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:35 pm

These are the silencers for the shroud. Just testing which design is better
Attachments
eps silencer shroud 1.png
eps silencer shroud 2.png
eps silencer shroud 3.png
eps silencer shroud 4.png
eps silencer shroud 5.png
SnowBall

#7 Re: Custom Barreled Action - MEC stock

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Different view of the loading port and some photos of the "8". This part consist of two parts. The top one is adjustable in order to avoid to touch the shroud of the barrel.
mitchejc wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:39 pm
VERY well done Snowball! I can imagine a lot of work went into that project.
I like the very solid action and the way you attached the barrel with the angled grub skrews, that's clever. I'm guessing that is one very accurate rifle.
Thank you very much! That was the idea, to make it solid and reliable. The bad thing.... (always there is a bad thing) it is a little bit heavier than expected.
Attachments
20170806_202152.png
custom 8 eps 1.png
custom 8 eps 2.png
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#8 Re: Custom Barreled Action - MEC stock

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Emilio,

Which silencer in the shroud worked best V1 or V 2 ?
..any decibel measurements ?
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#9 Re: Custom Barreled Action - MEC stock

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:00 pm

Nice work Emillo.

Like the way youve done the transfer port seal.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
SnowBall

#10 Re: Custom Barreled Action - MEC stock

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:22 pm

Jon wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:00 pm
Nice work Emillo.

Like the way youve done the transfer port seal.
Thank you!!

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”