Cerakote Colour Chart

Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#1 Cerakote Colour Chart

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:19 pm

If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#2 Re: Cerakote Colour Chart

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:47 pm

Great find Jon.

WHOAH ! >> http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/gallery/

Question: Will they deal with UK requests ?

Have emailed them...

-------------------------------

CERAKOTE™ FIREARM COATINGS

7050 6th Street
White City, OR 97503
USA

eMail: info@nicindustries.com

Tel.: + 1 866.774.7628

----------------------------

UK > http://www.hi-speccoatings.co.uk/
Jon

#3 Re: Cerakote Colour Chart

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:45 pm

There are numerous UK based companies that do Cerakote painting.
However its not a cheap process for 'intricate' parts where you will need to show the items and what areas to avoid. Cylinders, threads and other precision parts.

Quite cheap for basic work ie a centrefire action or conventional stock, start adding numerous parts the price rightly so goes through the roof.
Full P800 stock exc adjusters and action a different colour looking minimum £280 ex works + vat 34 parts. Anodised parts may need to be stripped so another journey to anodisers 54 mile then collect parts another 54 mile and deliver in person 93 mile to cerakote company with jigs. Dare say return carriage will be a lot cheaper, all told probably looking in region of £500 and 4 days lost in downtime.

Firearm Finishing Services in Rugby
7975 669555

Osprey Rifles
http://www.ospreyrifles.com/
Simple actions (8 parts) from £200 + vat ex works
De
Delphinus

#4 Re: Cerakote Colour Chart

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:58 pm

Jon,

It's not necessary to strip the anodise in fact is better to have 2 strong layers, of course the parts must be prepared and can’t have no grease, I use the H version and is very strong.
Take a look at this http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho ... akote+test
BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#5 Re: Cerakote Colour Chart

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Right.
I have just had a long chat with Stuart at Osprey Rifles where I get my my CeraKote done .
This is from the horses mouth .

If the air rifle / pistol can be striped down as far as possible , any perpetration you can do will keep the price down , for instance if there are micro holes that are threaded put a little blue tack in them , that's what they do it , in fact any hole could be done that way.

This is only a ball park figure for cost of coating an air rifle , if the rifle had 3 larger pieces and 30+ smaller pieces , for instance , domino , dice or even smaller pieces , the price would be I between £200-£300, depending on how much more perpetration Osprey still had to do.
So the more perpetration you can do the better.

Then postage , seeing as it's totally broken down , post it to him in a box .

The only thing I would do is take some photos of the parts sent to who ever it is your sending too , keep a copy yourself and one for the people doing the job , that way there can be no arguments about parts sent or not received.

Lastly , any colour can be done that is on the CeraKote web page.
Jon

#6 Re: Cerakote Colour Chart

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:10 pm

The reason for stripping anodising off is firstly to blast the parts its far quicker to do so and secondly to get an even match where all parts are blasted with same media.

Straight from horses mouth the one in Rugby will bead blast all parts whether sent in bead blasted, polished or not to get a universal base layer. Does the other do half a job with mismatches. Pictures sent of whole rifle and some parts.
There are a few areas on some rifles I would not risk without pointing out in person or you will find the parts are scrap. Not your typical low cost run of the mill break barrel still associated with airguns from that sector, used to deal with them daily.
+£40 per colour if not popular, two colours £80 plus the £300+vat a good price considering what needs doing and a lot of work.

Return to “OTHER Stuff ...”