Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 JSB Exact Premium SELECT - review from USA

Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:20 pm

Credit: http://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors- ... f-a-legend

To order these: http://www.jsb-diabolos.de/?premium,46

-------------------------------------------------------------------

" For years I had been conveying to manufacturers the request of more than a handful of airgunners for a Premium line of pellets. Something that did not need to be weighed, sorted or rolled by those of us that prefer to shoot.

And usually, the reply was "Will the airgunners pay the price?, we know that pellets are very price sensitive"

So, when R-10 came out with their individually packed pellets for Match shooting, the question arose again, but this time specifically for the FT market: "¿Will shooters pay the price?"

Well, I guess now we'll see! LOL! Courtesy of the head honchos at JSB, FT Team USA received this box yesterday.

Premium pellets. 8.44 grains, 4.52 mm's head diameter.

Neatly packed into two 100 ct. styrofoam holders, the skirts and heads are protected and will arrive to the rifle chamber pretty much in the same shape as they were made at the factory in Bohumin. Between the two styrofoam plates, there is a layer of urethane foam.

Andwhere exactly do they fit in the JSB lineup? If we compare them to other JSB pellets we see that, for the weight, they are shorter. They actually look like "re-inforced" Express'es.

Which is a VERY INTERESTING proposition, especially for those of us that shoot spring-piston rifles. Thicker skirts will make the pellet less sensitive to peak pressures in high efficiency compression systems.

But are the skirts really thicker ? Judge by yourself.

Now, supposedly, we will not have to weight them anymore, how true is this?

I do not weigh our pellets, by experience, the variation in springers is more than what weighing the pellets would help. Yes we use those pellets that show a better consistency at the target, but I stopped weighing pellets some time ago. I still have and keep a good scale, though, LOL!

The Exacts have always been set at 8.44 grains, that is what the box says and that is what we all expect. What does the scale say? As you can see, there is a rather aggressive cutoff at the "light" end, and a tapering off at the "heavy" end. Still, there is only 0.1 grain (1/10th of a grain) between the heaviest and the lightest.

Of course it makes sense once you think about it, light pellets become flyers more easily. When looked at with objectivity, one cannot but wonder at the precision in the manufacturing of these little lead pills we love so much. Consider that there are 68/100 pellets between 8.42 and 8.44. And that there are 90/100 pellets between 8.40 and 8.44

And that only a couple of years ago, we did not even have scales that could discern between the heaviest and the lightest.
At present, most powderburners still weigh their bullets and powder with scales that can only read down to 0.1 grain.

In conclusion, up to this point: As far as the scales are concerned, the pellets do live up to the claim of being much closer in weight. Much more consistent.

Whether this will mean that we will stop weighing the pellets for matches or not is up to each one of us. I will await the results from my team-mates to post the results of the shooting tests.

Keep well and shoot straight! "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments
6622624_orig.jpg
5621214_orig.jpg
4066095_orig.jpg
5459181_orig.jpg
1841684_orig.jpg
5596160_orig.jpg
5124489_orig.jpg
193563_orig.jpg
Bogdan Kimla- JSB.png
Sven
Go to Rifle: Anschutz, Walther, ATOM
Where: Arnhem

#2 Re: JSB Exact Premium SELECT - review from USA

Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:36 pm

One thing Hector Medina has proven here is that the weight claim that JSB makes on the box of the premium's is not met.

The box says plus or minus 0.001 gram deviation from the 0.547 gram. Thus a max difference in weight of 0.002 gram.
The weighing by Hector shows a difference of 8.40 to 8.50 grain. And 0.10 grain is 0.00648 grams. Which is 3 times the claimed specification for the weight deviation.

But ..... it is a lot better than any tin of JSB Exacts that I have sorted for weight (which I stopped doing because I did not see improvement in groups size).
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#3 Re: JSB Exact Premium SELECT - review from USA

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:17 pm

credit: http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/t ... FT+Premium

JSB Express on left, Premium center, JSB Exact on right.
Attachments
_DPB7524.jpg
_DPB7525.jpg

Return to “*** GENERAL CHAT / DISCUSSIONS / NEWS ***”