H&N - Sniper- Light & Medium

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 H&N - Sniper- Light & Medium

Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Interesting read

Ref: http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/foru ... hp?t=27917 & http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/sho ... ght=sniper

List of Eurosellers, cause they sell for around £8.99 a tin in UK > http://www.hn-sport.de/en/list-of-dealers/europa.html

Pic credit: NeilM
HampN Sniper pellets open tin_zpskqmq6kyt.jpg

Pic credit: Cloverleaf

7.5gn Defiant on LHS, 8.5gn Sniper Medium on RHS:
SMALL_IMG_8091a.jpg
SMALL_IMG_8089a.jpg
L-R: 7.5gn Defiant, 8.5gn Sniper Medium, 7.87gn AA Express, 8.55gn JSB Exact:
SMALL_IMG_8092a.jpg
H&N Sniper Medium (L) and JSB Exact:
SMALL_IMG_8096a.jpg
"..Compared to the JSB they're a radical depature in design - despite having a similar mass, the H&N pellets are shorter with a far deeper / more hemispherical head, parallel body and short, steeply-flared skirt.

Through the HW100 at 20yds the JSBs averaged 3.6mm c-c over 4x5 shot groups, while the H&Ns managed 4.3mm c-c average. That said, the groups noticeably shrank from first to last (6.0mm - 2.5,mm c-c) so it's possible the first was spoiled by a flier as the barrel acclimatised to the new pellet. Discounting the first group the average was 3.5mm c-c; so these pellets certainly show promise!

In addition, despite (on paper) being slightly heavier than the JSB, they actually shot around 6-8mm higher at 20yd - suggesting they have a very good ballistic coefficient. This idea is supported by the excellent drag characteristics of the Defiant. With a bit more mass the BC of these pellets should be excellent - making them flatter-shooting and less susceptible to wind.

I'm anxious to test these through a couple of guns over the chrony / on card to see if they're as good as they appear. I've never had any luck with H&N products in the past (I've always found JSB to be consistently better in terms of quality and performance). I think this might be the first pellet in a very long time to really give JSB's dominance of the market a serious run for it's money. I reckon in 10yrs all high-end pellets might look a lot like this latest offering from H&N if it performs as good as it looks.."

HECTOR J MEDINA GOMEZ.

"...H&N has been a long time supporter of FT and was kind enough to send some of the first samples to come out of the Sniper line. They admit that the line is not running as smoothly as they like (some skirts are "wavy"), and the offerings are, for now, limited to the 4.50 head diameter. In the future, the Sniper line will also offer the 4.52 mm's head diameter for those of us that shoot non-Match barrels.

Center of gravity will be as forward as can be, given the weight of the pellets (7.5, 8.5 and 15 grains respectively). This emphasizes the "shuttle-cock" effect and adds stability to the pellet.

Center of pressure will be a little bit in front of geometrical center, which should make these pellets less susceptible to vertical deflection with side winds.

Because of the "Column" shape, they will exit the barrel pretty much as they went in. Preserving the BC. And the relatively thin skirt affords a good seal at any pressure above 80 BAR's..."
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#2 Re: H&N - Sniper- Light & Medium

Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:21 pm

MEDIUM and LIGHT Euro7.95 = GBP5.89

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/ind ... 5_1689_797
Sportswaffen Schneider.png
BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#3 Re: H&N - Sniper- Light & Medium

Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Sorry
My take on this, that all the info must of been taken from the Beano Comic.
The Defiant is definitely crap, I bought some in the past, so anything like that is just going to be a refined piece if crap.
They were really bad, I gave them to a mate, who also thought they were crap.
Last time I heard they were melted down and used as fishing weights.
I'd like to beproved wrong though.
NeilM
Go to Rifle: Whiscombe
Where: Weston-super-Mare

#4 Re: H&N - Sniper- Light & Medium

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:38 am

The Defiants and H&N Snipers may be to the same design, but they are different pellets, made on different machines in different countries.

I use Sniper medium's and I shot a 35 x 40 last week against a top score on the day of 38 x 40.

I also shot a 38 and a 36 at the Europeans, which given my recent return to FT after a ten year break, I am pretty happy with.
NeilM
Go to Rifle: Whiscombe
Where: Weston-super-Mare

#5 Re: H&N - Sniper- Light & Medium

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:47 am

BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#6 Re: H&N - Sniper- Light & Medium

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:32 am

Can we please stop talking rubbish.

I quote: "H&N Sniper, are the Defiant, H&N bought Pax's machinery to produce the Sniper pellet"

Source of quote - leading airgun mag editor, moderator informed of source...

Return to “*** GENERAL CHAT / DISCUSSIONS / NEWS ***”