AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 ATAMAN M2 Tactical - Review - 0.25 /6.35mm

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:52 pm

credit: FOTempel > http://www.luchtbuks.net/index.php?showtopic=90179

--------------

"After the first impressions which are settled, I decided to buy a Ataman. So after sent an email to Krale to arrange already yesterday I raised to my Staphorst ordered Ataman retrieve. I had my binoculars (V3 6.5-20 Leupold Long Range) took placed equally by men on a set Hawke mounts. Yes, they do equally between them by on a busy Saturday afternoon as the :) Meanwhile, of course, look around and chat, so ah, that time will come to. Two cans .25 JSBs there and wham, back home (via the firing of course).

I chose the .25 carrying this variant because of several reasons:

* I will not bullpups beautiful and so are already off automatically (and additionally the Ataman bullpup for me not ergonomically pleasing)
* The green butt of the Tactical Carbine 2 (although nice) what squarer and the coating is some "harder". Especially the square jaw I did not really feel comfortable.
* The price difference between the .22 / .25 (resp. € 1,595 / € 1,695) and the .30 / .35 (resp. € 2,370 / € 2,470) is much too high in my opinion.
* I have a lot of .22 rifles (and had, too) and little .25

Well, the .25 M2 Tactical Carbine so.

The rifle comes in a big brown box with a label with basic information on it. Apparently, my rifle is a model H226 is built on 2 June.
DSC00443 (Custom).JPG
In the box you will find next to the rifle itself afsluibaar a plastic folder with a booklet and a nipple.
DSC00424 (Custom).JPG
To begin with there right but ... although it is a normal nipple with 1/8 BSP on it, it is not convenient for people with nipple shortcuts. Because there is no ridge on which airtight things using a washer. Resolve perhaps with some tape or something, but I guess I just get a new twist nipple with a foster tail.
DSC00477 (Custom).JPG
The book appears to contain a bunch cards with all kinds of official-looking stamps. Very russian all, and very unreadable because there is no English word to be found in :) Fortunately, a lot of pictures. It seems that every aspect of the rifle is treated with cutout and exploded view drawings and with it all.
DSC00426 (Custom).JPG
In the booklet to get there by the drawings which to study discovered that not all models in terms of run length and damping are the same. It seems that the .30 and .35 models course have an almost full length. What about the .25, I can not decide yet, which is equally measure again but if I had to have gambling on the basis of recognizable things in the text of the 4.5, 5.5 and 6.35 the same design in terms of walking jacket, so muted,
DSC00433 (Custom).JPG
Well, whatever. On the side with all that crap, and now the first rifle there but just at.

This is my rifle. In sober black on black run on black. You have to love it, but I do not have so many problems with it. I have now four rifles in such a "tactical" version and that I find quite enough so.
DSC00445 (Custom).JPG
To start with the flask. Among the black coating seems to sit a wooden flask, and that you feel too. There is serious weight in this rifle. The "soft touch" coating feels to me very much like FX delivers them nowadays: very pleasant. However, the difference is that the wood has Ataman there under, and FX plastic. For linkspoteligen among us: The flask is completely symmetrical. The action is with two M6 allen screws secure the flask, and there is no movement. This flask is adjustable on two points: the butt plate and cheek piece. Standard out of the box it is set to the lowest setting, and this is the highest:
DSC00469 (Custom).JPG
I will this afternoon the action even fish from the flask, see how it all looks. Anyway, on to the action ( : Ha: ). If it was already forgotten, so I have a 6.35mm, .25 cal. M2. Made in Russia. The whole action is deep black anodized and I can not trace to discover. Very very nice. What is also very nice ... not dovetail more but "just" a decent Picatinny scope rail.
DSC00448 (Custom).JPG
Brass cap that is the trigger safety operates only when the rifle is tense. Fortunately, it is not an automatic safety. So it is for most an especially nice touch. Moreover, an important one, since that pin must be removed to take the action from the flask.

And now on to my personal favorite part: The latch. And what a catch! It is a serious piece of metal that is in it, and there is a slot machined into a piece for conduction. And oh what locks it smoothly! If you flip the lever up the bolt under spring tension has been coming back a bit. Then you pull it through to tighten the gun which takes hardly bother. Just a click is dry and the lot is ready for action (of course first have a pellet loaded after).
DSC00460 (Custom).JPG
The imbusje under the latch is the setting for the hammer spring. That is too fine directly approached. No hassle with the action from the flask, etc. Just chronograph, imbussleuteltje and a tin lead and adjust only. More on that later (not today) more when I'm going to dedicate a chronysessie it.

I took no magazine in the rifle. Firstly, because I find that rather pricey, and second, because this is not plinkbuks for me. Manually loading a rifle, the rest for good, and you do have a bit of rest required for shooting at longer distances. So I have to stop the pellet with the hand in the loading port. That goes without additional adventures. The biggest issue is probably that there is not a lot of room for your fingers to place the pellet. The load port itself provides more than enough space, but the probe protrudes quite still end forward, even when the rifle is tense.
DSC00461 (Custom).JPG

If the pellet is placed once, then push the bolt forward again (enjoying the smooth action!) To embed them against a little spring pressure. That is not a vague affair, but just a positive feeling of "so who is close." And then it's a matter of persuading the tractor. The trigger blade itself is nice and wide and long, there is some profile and the only movement that is in it in the direction that is needed. If I check the drawing the trigger on all sides is adjustable in length for first internship, and trigger pull for second with so see three imbusboutjes. For the "match" tractor is still a fourth bolt in, I see in the picture next to it. But before the action should be again taken from the flask.
DSC00432 (Custom).JPG
Out of the box I find the trigger action on my copy more than fine. With a little pressure on the second stage after a not too long first is the shot without further adventures. No gebok (weight), no bang (cushioned walking jacket) and the pellet flies towards the 100m card. After the viewer here and there to have what I had adjusted the pellet on the map and start the fun. Unfortunately, I'm not really had the opportunity to shoot a lot, let alone that I can make groups. But that's for another time.

So far, in first part one. I'm going to first get behind the lathe for a new nipple and a replacement for the front bolt flask so that I can bind to a bipod. After that I will still have to find time for the chronograph and grouping. For now this is the gun that will last for the shooting, but the others must exercise patience as in the closet :)

€ 1,700 is a lot of money for an air rifle, let's be honest. Yes, there are more expensive, but there are also a lot cheaper that perhaps perform better too. This rifle falls into the class expensive days tates, sourced.Theoben FX Boss, etc. Normally a price range that I approach with my rifle choices, but not (yet) have achieved. For now I find this Ataman are well worth the price. Everything about this rifle looks good and is very decent. Naturally, the differences between models and versions (as we saw Wednesday) can, but I'm assuming that most of the Ataman rifles come from the factory like this ahead of me. And that I can only find that it is very successful. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#2 Re: ATAMAN M2 Tactical - Review - 0.25 /6.35mm

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:59 pm

credit: FOTempel - Part II

------------------------------

"First of all; For my Ataman I paid the full amount that is in the books.

Chrony so.

I am now almost a full look JSB King through the rifle hunted in several full sessions. The first session I found the speed a bit too high with an average of 950ft / s. Ideal for JSB will I 900ft / s. So I did but I played with set screw, and the second session started well, around 900ft / s. Somewhere halfway through the session, however, were the results suddenly jumped up, as 1100 ft / s. That's quite a lot, and the difference with 900 is also significant. That was strange. That session I only completed until the pressure had dropped to a bar or 80 and I still above 1000 ft / s clocked. Hmm.

Then I had a look what the adjuster did, and the "minimal state" I had an average of about 5 shots at about 1120 ft / s and with the adjusting screw turned flat against the action that went to around 1180ft / s. That may be even higher, but I do not know how far that I can screw by turning. Moreover, it was already much too high, so I have the setting to put anything more than minimal. And when the last session with the following results:
ChronyAtaman.png
There are a few outliers down, but you know how it is with a chronograph ... about something crooked and you have been very strange results. Better would be to create a permanent collection and from a fixed distance always exactly right to shoot over the sensors with consistent light and always the same height. Well ... it was out of control and out of changing light. So, I also believe that the regulator is a lot more consistent than that appears to be on the basis of these results. I'm especially curious that the regulator pressure is really on. According Krale would be around 150 bar, while more I have the idea that this is around 90. Next week, seem to enter the gear to adjust the regulators, we will know more secure.

The most striking to me was that the results show a sudden jump of 250ft / s. It is as if the gun had a while need to get the novelty blown out and that he only shoots at its full potential. Moreover, I can not find what the factory specifications for strength.

Especially for Martijn I also just did a short session in which I've loaded the pellets as fast mogeljk and fired (with all lopsided results thereof). I do not think it matters much, actually. Perhaps the larger calibers are more influential. "
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#3 Re: ATAMAN M2 Tactical - Review - 0.25 /6.35mm

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:05 pm

credit: http://www.air-gun.ru/social/readtopic/2085

2013 - Pics for reference...
Attachments
BVG 001.jpg
BVG 002.jpg
BVG 003.jpg