ATAMAN M2 FT - USA for Sale

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 ATAMAN M2 FT - USA for Sale

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:31 pm

credit: http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/t ... and+Thread

..at current exchange rate - works out at todays FX rate to be GBP £1478 secondhand (mint condition)

"This is quite literally the 'best' true FT style rifle I've owned. My issue is one of obsession... I love these and keep buying similar rifles but don't shoot in any style (home or in FT) that really benefits from this type of rifle. Haven't shot FT in toooo long but I shoot Hunter and since my Airwolf self destructed several years ago, my best outings have been with a bullpup of all things (out of a wall of Steyrs and other stuff)... Back to the point.

This is a 'one of a kind' in the sense that I am not aware of any others in the US. The action is said to be the same as the benchrest version and their are a couple of those in the US.

I have everything it came with. Hamster, 2 fill probes, manual, test targets, a couple of allen keys. Single shot tray is installed. There is no mag but there was some discussion indicating that the Ataman mag would fit. I've not tried it and do not have one. The Hugget is not included but the rail mounted forearm can be if requested. Scope is not included but may be for sale soon... separately.

Please note the milling of the barrel in the pics... Came this way and I received no meaningful info from the retailer or manufacturer saying anything other than "...but it's a really good barrel". I can include a CF tube that can be cut to fit over the barrel if you like. You will have to fit it.

One hole on paper targets from 10-23y (all I have on easily accessible flat ground) 1 inch(ish) groups possible at 55y on MY range. I say possible because there is always some wind here and on a calm day I can manage 5-8 /10 pellets in a dime(ish) size hole.

note on the 'shot string' I found 280bar to be a bit high. a 250fill still provides plenty of shoots for a FT match and is very consistent in the low 780's

except for some visual traits, this is the same rifle that Daystate is rebranding to their name as the 'Tsar'.

I'm at
$1850 shipped. If you want to do PP, I'll want help with the fees!
Happy to answer questions or supply requested pics.
Jeff Deyesu on the BOI

jcdx25@aol.com "
Attachments
AT - 00.jpg
AT - 00.jpg (139.94 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
AT - 01.jpg
AT - 01.jpg (146.94 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
AT - 02.jpg
AT - 02.jpg (117.43 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
AT - 03.jpg
AT - 03.jpg (128.27 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
AT - 04.jpg
AT - 04.jpg (113.78 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
AT - 05.jpg
AT - 05.jpg (112.18 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
AT - 06.jpg
AT - 06.jpg (88.35 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
AT - 07.jpg
AT - 07.jpg (75.13 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#2 Re: ATAMAN M2 FT - USA for Sale

Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:39 am

Here's another one for sale in USA

...in WALNUT: http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/me ... +FT+Walnut

"This is, to my knowledge, the only walnut stocked version of this gun in the US at this time. The Ataman M2 Sport FT model has many features you'd expect to see on a purpose built FT rifle. Adjustable butthook, adjustable cheek piece, adjustable knee riser, fully regulated and phenomenal accuracy. This is a 12 FPE rifle that would be more than competitive in WFTF FT or Bench Rest. This is the same gun as the Daystate Tsar but without the dry fire mechanism.

The rifle has seen under two tins of pellets. Holds air forever. The gun can be filled up to 300 BAR but off of a 200 BAR fill, it's doing 60 shots with a sub 15 fps spread shooting JSB 8.4 pellets at 785 fps average. The regulator does it's job and does it well. The shot cycle is short and crisp. I have the trigger adjusted as a single stage, but it can be adjusted to your liking. It currently breaks at about 6 oz. The trigger is a ball style trigger that I had custom made. The ends of the LW barrel are machined down to 15.5mm from the factory, but I was able to shim a muzzle brake to fit on the end of the barrel and it has really helped the muzzle flip. Accuracy is stellar with JSB 8.4 pellets putting 5 shots into a thumb tack size group at 45 yards in the seated FT position and 5 more under a dime at 55 yards.

There are 4 pressure marks/lines on the gun (pictured), one on the side of the knee riser and three on the grip, other than that, the rifle is in great shape. I floated the barrel by removing the A frame style barrel band, but it can be put back on if you desire. The rifle comes with two fill probes, one with a quick disconnect machined in and one threaded to 1/8" BSPP. Selling because there are other things I need right now.

Scope, mounts and bipod are not included.

Price is $1825 shipped CONUS, will ship to Hawaii but buyer covers extra shipping. The laminate version and Daystate branded model both retail at $2500.

Please deal by email- Tpatner@comcast.net
Paypal (add 3.5% or gift) or USPS MO is fine with me. I am on the BOI many times with all positive feedback. "

AND

"The Ataman...Had the gun for the better part of 6 months now. Been a great shooter the entire time. I'm not sure if it's the balance, or general ergonomics of the gun, but it is (again, my opinion) the easiest of any FT platform for offhand shooting right out of the box. I've just found it to be a bit easier to shoot standing than others, hard to explain...but many people who have shouldered it and shot it offhand have agreed with that assessment. It's pretty dead and the shot cycle is quick. I set the trigger up as a single stage because I didn't like the feel of it two stage. The hamster is probably the best stock unit on any gun out there. I've yet to find a gun with a quick adjusting hamster that works as easily and effectively as the ataman. The butt hook is also quite nice compared to what else is out there. Needs a muzzle brake IMO, but that's why I added one. Helped the muzzle flip which in turn made accuracy a little easier to achieve."
Attachments
AT01.jpg
AT02.jpg
AT03.jpg
AT04.jpg
AT05.jpg
AT06.jpg
AT07.jpg
AT08.jpg
AT09.jpg
AT010.jpg
60+ shots from a 200 BAR fill with JSB 8.4 pellets