Mick Tromans (UK)

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Mick Tromans (UK)

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Average price for titanium cylinder about GBP250 w. quickfill

Specialty : Anything in TITANIUM ! ie: Muzzle breaks , Side Wheels, Rails, etc..just email & ask

Based: Midlands, Wolverhampton, UK

email: micktromans AT hotmail.co.uk
(remove the AT , and replace with '@ ' - this is to stop spammers harvesting email addresses)
DSC_0362.jpg
DSC_0363.jpg
DSC_0364.jpg
DSC_0365.jpg
DSC_0366.jpg
Mick's gun: viewtopic.php?f=213&t=869
Jo
Joe Underwood

#2 Re: Mick Tromans (UK)

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Hello from the "Colonies". Oklahoma USA to be more specific and I'm new to this sight.Cool place. I am just starting to modify a Hammerli AR20FT to get my feet wet in Field Target shooting. I would like one of Mick Tromans titanium air cylinders for my AR. I have tried to send Mick an e-mail using the e-mail I have gotten off of this sight and they all bounce back to me "undelivered". :shock: Yes I have double checked his address and I'm doing it correctly. :roll: I need some advice as to how I may get in touch with him. Hard to spend money with a fellow when you can not make contact. All help appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe U.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#3 Re: Mick Tromans (UK)

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Joe Underwood wrote:Hello from the "Colonies". Oklahoma USA to be more specific and I'm new to this sight.Cool place. I am just starting to modify a Hammerli AR20FT to get my feet wet in Field Target shooting. I would like one of Mick Tromans titanium air cylinders for my AR. I have tried to send Mick an e-mail using the e-mail I have gotten off of this sight and they all bounce back to me "undelivered". :shock: Yes I have double checked his address and I'm doing it correctly. :roll: I need some advice as to how I may get in touch with him. Hard to spend money with a fellow when you can not make contact. All help appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe U.
Mick visits the forum from time to time...have just sent him a regular email ;) so he will be aware of your plight to shed your wallet of $500.00 :shock: (Ham AR20 uses Walther screw type air cylinders)
De
Delphinus

#4 Re: Mick Tromans (UK)

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:23 pm

I read somewhere that you order one for one 800x can you tell me the weight of it? And if the quick fill is Titanium or ALU?

Thanks
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#5 Re: Mick Tromans (UK)

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:57 pm

Micks are titanium he don't skimp.
Weights will vary but ti is a lot heavier than aluminium and could be looking three times heavier. Main reason the bores only come in certain sizes the wall thickness will be thicker than original Fen aluminium.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
De
Delphinus

#6 Re: Mick Tromans (UK)

Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:27 pm

I want to compare the weight to attach some material to the FWB and test the balance before make the move.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#7 Re: Mick Tromans (UK)

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Delphinus wrote:I want to compare the weight to attach some material to the FWB and test the balance before make the move.

Ok Miguel...when It comes to it...I will weight the cylinder on kitchen scale and let you know...(so not totally accurate as Its used to weigh my pasta :lol: )

I also recall It was an extra long Titatinium tube cylinder Mick had in surplus, and asked me if OK to use (as Its longer than normal & standard length). What Mick will require - is a spare Fwb cylinder , so he can use the threaded part from Alu, on the new titanium cylinder. So be prepared to "scrap" a spare Fwb alu cylinder for him to use...
De
Delphinus

#8 Re: Mick Tromans (UK)

Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:19 pm

So with the weight is possible give also the lenght to estimate the value for CC.
spartan
Go to Rifle: isp spartan, airstre
Where: walsall

#9 Re: Mick Tromans (UK)

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:19 am

The titanium will be approx 40% as heavy again as the aluminium cylinder, the tube capacity, if making it the same length will be almost the same, as the tube he uses is the same as i use on my titanium airstream cylinders, which is almost the same size as FWB use.

Titanium is approx half the weight of steel and brass, and aluminium is 40 % lighter than titanium.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#10 Re: Mick Tromans (UK)

Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Been meaning to compare for some time heres the facts.

Titanium cylinder, end plugs, quick fill and dust cap partial aluminium weighes in 0.7Kg

Original Feinwerkbau cylinder in aluminium with new end plug, quick fill and dust cap 0.36Kg

That's almost twice the weight.
Attachments
CYLINDER FEINWERKBAU with Quick Fill Titanium0001.jpg
CYLINDER FEINWERKBAU with Quick Fill Aluminium0001.jpg
Last edited by Jon on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.

Return to “Mick Tromans (UK)”