Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 CZUB - Contact Details

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:11 am

Contact details

http://www.czub.cz/Kontakt.aspx?lang=en ... 22-contact

Barrel Specs.
http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/293-other ... lavni.aspx

*NB: As below, why is Steyr mentioned ? ie: reading between the lines...could it be CZ now has the 'Forging Machine' from Steyr ??... CZ explains their forging machines are "based" on the GFM technique, so in a manner of speaking, they use the same technology & processes :mrgreen:

---------------------------------------

"COLD FORGING of RIFLE BARRELS

Forging Machine
Our hammer forging process is based on the GFM machines. These machines are known as radial forgers because the hammers move in linear, radial lines as shown in Figure 1. This forging technology was developed in Germany prior to World War II and continued after the war by GFM of Steyr, Austria *.

Material of barrel
For cold forging of rifle barrels it is recommended to use a highly pure material. In order to achieve a material of such a pure degree it is normally re-melted once or twice in an electric furnace and then vacuum degassed. Impurities in steel have a negative influence on the deformation characteristics during cold forging.

Common barrel materials:
32 Cr Mo V 1210
21 Cr Mo V 511
42 Cr Mo 4
14 Ni Cr 14
50 Cr V 4

Heat treatment
The material strength of the barrel blank lies between 750 and 1050 N/mm2.
After cold forging normally the strength of the barrel material increases by approximately 10%
After forging the barrel should again be stress relieved to make sure that during further processing no stress can be released which would negatively influence shooting accuracy.
An addition heat treatment (quenching) according special costumer demand is possible."

--------------
Attachments
CZ Barrels.jpg
CZ Barrel Specs.JPG
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#2 Re: Contact Details

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:38 pm

That was my initial thought a few days ago.

Got a better idea, why dont you buy one and see if its the same as the other two, i have a sneaky suspicion considering the cold forging marks.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#3 Re: Contact Details

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Jon wrote:That was my initial thought a few days ago.

Got a better idea, why dont you buy one and see if its the same as the other two, i have a sneaky suspicion considering the cold forging marks.

I am waiting for a couple of email replies...one from Edgar Bros., and other from CZ directly. So hopefully, will get 2 or 3 in my hands depending on pricing...1 for the Lg400 and other for another Fwb barrel holder mod., like you just done ! :mrgreen:
Co
Conor

#4 Re: Contact Details

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Let me know how much, I have been interested in getting a CZ for a while now.
18.6mm diameter is pretty beefy though for an air rifle barrel?

I know someone whi had a CZ blank machined a few years back, the machinist told him never again as he never saw steel so hard!

Conor
Jon

#5 Re: Contact Details

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Could well be a different process to the tapered rim and centrefire barrels, they were ok to cut and machine. Problem was the bores usually way out of concentricity.
It was said AA used CZ on the S400 and EV2 at one time i have two here and machine like most other barrels.

Looks like shallow lands on them barrels, a good sign.

More intrigued on the forging side and why dont Steyr use the highly regarded hammer forged barrels (barley twist) fitted to the early LG100 different to the LG10. Coincidence?
Again coincidentally the latest BSA tubes are hammered on to a rifled insert approx 8mm diameter. One of the easiest barrels to machine up.
Co
Conor

#6 Re: Contact Details

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Whats the latest BSA barrels like Jon? In terms of quality, concentricity, trueness, blueing etc. I have heard they are not what they used to be but could only be rumour
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#7 Re: Contact Details

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Conor,

Am still awaiting for CZ to reply...but have contacted Miroslav Varga now...so may get a reply in next 24 hours...have also asked he get me the quote for another Czech barrel/airgun manufacturer for barrel blanks, who supposedly supplies one of the 4 Big German Air rifle Boyz - havent seen the actual newsarticle, so Its only a story that goes like this:

Quote from "KGB":
" What about a 4,5mm air rifle that holds 4 world records at 50m with a 5 shot grouping of 1.5mm ctc, the same size as an MPR. PS. These guys make barrels for Feinwerkbau."

:o
Jon

#8 Re: Contact Details

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:24 pm

I dont know Conor but i will let you know.
Were just putting two and two together, may be wrong.

BSA concentricity and trueness no worse than most others. I reckon they would black very nice regarding the materials hence the 's' :lol:
Jon

#9 Re: Contact Details

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:26 pm

The last two Fen P70FT barrels were not too hot, no better than my fussy Anchutz.
Co
Conor

#10 Re: Contact Details

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Any word on these barrels arriving? What diameter and twist rate?

Return to “Lothar Walther, March, Sightron, etc...”