AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Mac1 - Hunter Bench Rest

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Credit: Gunner808 (USA)

:o :shock:

What is a "Hunter Bench Rest" ? >> http://www.airgunadvice.net/viewtopic.php?t=16149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dont know...maybe thats the owners description for the hybrid multi use of his gun...
Attachments
MAc 1 Bench Rest  - 001-2.jpg
MAc 1 Bench Rest  - 002-2.jpg
MAc 1 Bench Rest  - 003-2.jpg
MAc 1 Bench Rest  - 004-2.jpg
MAc 1 Bench Rest  - 005-2.jpg
MAc 1 Bench Rest  - 006-1.jpg
Co
Conor

#2 Re: Mac1 - Hunter Bench Rest

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:07 pm

3rd picture down, the external hammer is clearly visible, behind loading bolt. You cock it with your thumb!
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#3 Re: Mac1 - Hunter Bench Rest

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:13 pm

Conor wrote:3rd picture down, the external hammer is clearly visible, behind loading bolt. You cock it with your thumb!
Have known that all along...they all have that hammer cocking...but, is it a discipline or a made up name by the owner ?... "Hunter Bench Rest" ?

1. HFT
2. FT

Now, there is

3. HBR :?:

See this: http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/ ... opic=13887" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
mac1hunter1.jpg
mac1hunter3.png
Po
PolarWolf

#4 Re: Mac1 - Hunter Bench Rest

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:19 pm

One way of telling would be to check for the cant of the action. The "FT" model is generally canted, the BR model wouldn't need to be ("Upright Sporter (not canted)" option).

But I believe USFTs are pretty much made to order so they can be turned into anything the buyer wants. I want one too, BTW. I know one for sale but can't pull the trigger on it yet. E1250 is a lot of money any which way you put it and I also want a Ripley Elite.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#5 Re: Mac1 - Hunter Bench Rest

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Was just trying to clarify the name or term "HUNTER Bench Rest" ....

NB: Its the owner of the gun, who calls it a 'Hunter Bench Rest' ....Its not a discipline, is it ? ...just a loosely coined term by the owner of the gun...is all I was asking or saying...
Po
PolarWolf

#6 Re: Mac1 - Hunter Bench Rest

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Ah, like so...

It's not something I heard of before. But hey, at least he has a good tool to shoot it with!
JE
JEV

#7 Re: Mac1 - Hunter Bench Rest

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Maybe he is shooting game from a rest in a hide so he has set the gun up for this purpose. Must be his own hybrid designation.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#8 Re: Mac1 - Hunter Bench Rest

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:31 pm

JEV wrote:Maybe he is shooting game from a rest in a hide so he has set the gun up for this purpose. Must be his own hybrid designation.
Must be so Jim, as I forgot to post the link...so definitely not used for target plinking, since his gun is 0.22
Co
Conor

#9 Re: Mac1 - Hunter Bench Rest

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:37 pm

I think in the States they pretty much make up any name they want but proper FT (12ft/lb) is a format they struggle with due to their reliance on power!
I shot with Tim McMurray who builds these guns, great guy huge cylinder is only filled to very low pressure, needs topped up half way round a 50 target course!
Ti
TimmyMac1

#10 Re: Mac1 - Hunter Bench Rest

Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Hunter is Upright
US FT is canted
Hunter Bench Rest is a Upright gun set-up to shoot Benchrest.

It could be 20, 30 or 35+ FPE
In HPA Regulated version is could be 12, 20 30 or 35+ FPE

The gun is modular so guys often will use the same gun for different disciplines. I use my HPA Regulated US FT #7 in USA FT Competition and Heavy Varmint 20 fpe Worlds Benchrest.
You could have one gun with accessories in Barrels, Barrel mounts, Tanks, hammers, transfer ports and Valves for a single gun that could shoot a wide variety of disciplines and be reconfigured at will.
On Saturday it could be Hunter BR Tube gun unregulated and on Sunday it could be US FT HPA regulated Field Target gun with the same .22 barrel.

TimmyMac1

mac1airgunshop.com

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”