Kahles FT reticle

Matt
Go to Rifle: Anschutz
Where: Rotherham

#51 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Wed May 27, 2015 7:29 am

Ft version of the scope is now second half of June.

Matt
NeilM
Go to Rifle: Whiscombe
Where: Weston-super-Mare

#52 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Wed May 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Thanks.
Matt

#53 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Thu May 28, 2015 8:13 pm

I understand Peter has found a shop that says they can deliver the scope in three days, I'd be intrigued to know how as the factory are still stating none are available until the second half of June.

Matt
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#54 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Thu May 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Matt wrote:I understand Peter has found a shop that says they can deliver the scope in three days, I'd be intrigued to know how as the factory are still stating none are available until the second half of June.

Matt
You missed the update...the shop was mistaken : http://www.pimpmyairgun.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=1574

but at least well darn cheaper that what RUAG UK is saying it will cost in the UK, when I will buy it no doubt from: http://www.pimpmyairgun.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=1574

10 X £50 Crispy bank notes ??? why the price differential Matt ? what was postage from Kahles Austria to your home address ? se the point ? ;) "UK Agents" can jump from the bridge IMHO ....and they, and family are probably buying on "Price Comparison Online" for all manner of goods from Europe :D
Matt

#55 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Thu May 28, 2015 8:35 pm

I didn't miss update, just been messaged by a few asking if they are available now, hence my post - dont want anyone ordering a scope if wrong one.

I don't know why price differential, I don't get involved with that I just helped development of it. Postage was free since you asked.

Matt
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#56 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Thu May 28, 2015 8:42 pm

Matt wrote:I didn't miss update, just been messaged by a few asking if they are available now, hence my post - dont want anyone ordering a scope if wrong one.

I don't know why price differential, I don't get involved with that I just helped development of it. Postage was free since you asked.

Matt
No problemo Matt

Just asking out loud to UK agents who gorge, no , shaft us UK consumers...with these constant price differentials...but thank God for "Free Trade agreement " directive which allows me to shop around...and open my wallet to the best genuine Kosher retail shop...in the UK or in Europe..

£500 ?! thats not chump change...that covers your family summer holiday car rental, or a few plane tickets...

William Shakespeare - Hamlet : "There's something rotten in the Kingdom of Danmark" ;) ;) ;) ;) ...and "Karma is a Bitch when It catches up" ...is another saying I love, BTW...
------
Matt,

PPS: If I were to buy X 3 from the Italian shop.,..guess what ? the 4th one would be "Free" based on the UK pricing as I would have saved £1500... so "buy 3, get 1 Free" is a total appeal. So I end up with X 4 :mrgreen:
Matt

#57 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Fri May 29, 2015 12:36 pm

Buy them by all means, just hope you all like them once you get them - this is always the fear having been involved with the project.

Matt
Matt

#58 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:43 pm

Shot the scope again yesterday at Millride was expecting a difficult course, always is here, also saw Jon had mentioned on another forum he was expecting the course to play havoc with many scopes availability to rangefind targets.

Anyway we started lane 5 in the the woods, first shot I snook in the right hand edge, didn't expect that kind of wind but hey ho, anyway made our way up through the wood all the time the wind was building up, so was not looking forward to getting out into the open field. Was still clear upto the last lane in the wood, a 25mm reducer and a full size kill - I wasn't brave enough on either of these so was now two down.

Out into the open and we got to the chrono lane where I went through at 745fps, was a little concerned even more so when I had a shot drop slightly in the kill at the next target - it was in the lower part of the kill not out of the kill but just not on the level. At the next lane I had a lovely split, lovely as it actually fell for me (it was a 50-50 split that hit around 4 O'Clock).

Moving through the first part of the field section the wind had dropped off considerably, you were giving edge of kill the hard part was picking the correct side. The other hard part was getting a range, you were sat out in bright conditions shooting into a dark wood and had heat haze to contend with, so how did the Kahles perform? I will admit it was hard work, probably the hardest conditions I have used the scope in since I have got it on quite a few of the targets I would re-range three times and see what range came out the most consistent then go with that.

Moving along a few lanes after the chrono I ranged a target at 54 yards, but as the chrono had read so low I decided that to be on the safe side I would give it 55 yards and also add a click or two just to see the pellet land at 12O'Clock outside of the kill - stupid mistake so having learnt from this I went back to just dialling the ranges the scope gave me.

Think it was about now tat the clouds came out and this made ranging superb, it was duller out in the field and dark in the woods, it was clear a lot of people were having issues with ranging as misses tended to be hig above the kills - judging by the heights I would suggest upto 7 yards ranging errors.

Moving to the end of the course I struggled on the last target that was set up on a mound in the wood, I just couldn't get comfortable and thought oh just snatch the trigger it'll be fine - lets just say it wasn't lol. I was now 6 down I watched Andrew Gillott miss the next two targets set out in the field but luckily these and the next lane fell for me.

Walking back to the start of the course we were now going back in to the small copse at the start of the course - it was definitely windier here and darker. Well not much to report here targets all fell which I am thankful for and I finished 6 down - the scope performed superbly once more in very challenging conditions - I wouldn't say it gave me an advantage during these conditions just it performed as consistently as it had before and I think this is what we as ft shooters crave more than anything, consistency.

Matt
NeilM
Go to Rifle: Whiscombe
Where: Weston-super-Mare

#59 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:53 pm

A quick copy and paste from my post on another forum.

I had five minutes today alone with Matt's latest Kahles K1050FT and it was time well spent.

It ranges spot on the button again and again. I jumped from 50 to 30 to 45 back to 50, and by concentrating on a fixing bolt or a pellet mark on the wooden posts I was able to get identical repeat ranges.

I then started looking at the long grass, and was able to pick out individual seed heads, leaving those in front and behind blurry, from this I reckon ranging inside a yard would be pretty straightforward once you have the feel of the scope.

Using the wheel 'up top' didn't really take too much getting used to, although in the few minutes I had, I didn't completely get the hang of which way was far to near and the other way about.

The top wheel has a fair amount of resistance, I'm sure this will reduce with use, and it would certainly stop you accidentally passing through from out of focus to focus to out again too fast, although I am not convinced the wheel on top would work for me in standers and kneelers, as I have this bizarre technique for holding the rifle and whizzing the scope to near focus using my thumb (you have to see it to understand).

Sight picture is excellent, with lots of detail available. Not as crystal clear as my Lupes, but an improvement on the few Sightrons I have looked through (as it should be, given it costs twice as much). The reticle is a little fussy, but I could live with it and it does float in the sight picture very nicely.

I didn't find that the focus snapped, but it was a good deal quicker than my 20-50 and the fact I was able to get ranges spot on the button right from the get go says a lot about the scope, which is where I would agree with Matt, in that I am slowly getting to grips with my new 20-50, my lack of time with it has thus far cost me at least three or four targets in two shoots. I think I would have got those targets dead on with the Kahles and that may well be a quality worth paying for.

Two thousand four hundreds quids worth? Dunno, I'll have to wait till I've had a squint through Holly's March and a S&B PM11, then I'll be able to compare like with like.

Bl**dy nice scope though and solidly built from the look of it. I didn't twiddle Matt's knobs (well, you don't when you've not seen the chap in ten years do you), so I can't comment on that aspect.
Matt

#60 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:03 pm

Glad you liked the scope neil, even though it was a short look.

Matt

Return to “Lothar Walther, March, Sightron, etc...”