Kahles 10-50X56 Competition Scope, with Central Parallax

Co
Conor

#21 Re: Kahles 10-50X56 Competition Scope, with Central Parallax

Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Matt,
Have you asked them to look at, identify and try to solve/eliminate temperature shift on the parallax mechanism? Perhaps using materials less prone to temperature variation. What is minimum focus distance and it the top pa wheel not a bit if a pain on the wrist?
Matt
Go to Rifle: Anschutz
Where: Rotherham

#22 Re: Kahles 10-50X56 Competition Scope, with Central Parallax

Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Conor,

I have expressed concerns about temp shift but without knowing what is the real cause it is difficult - I personally think there is a lot more shift caused by lack of fluids/foods in the body and that causes more issues than most. Anyway I have also mentioned that the scope needs using over a season to know if it has issues or not with regards shift.

With this prototype it comes down to 8m and goes to infinity over 3/4 of the sidewheel, ideally we would like 6m to 80m but realise it has to be usable for other disciplines.

Initial feedback from Neil Daniels was he was suspect about pa'ing when standing but when he tried it he had no issues.

It is a nice scope, it needs refining but I have no doubt it will all happen.

Matt
Matt
Go to Rifle: Anschutz
Where: Rotherham

#23 Re: Kahles 10-50X56 Competition Scope, with Central Parallax

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Scope very well received at the GP today, vast majority of shooters saying they had never seen something snap in and as quick as it before and when it's clear the image is superb, bright and clear.

Wish I could keep this one longer and also mod the top wheel as a few people all suggested the same fix. Would be good to have it over the winter to see what it does.

All but one shooter liked the scope and could see the potential in it, can't wait to see the next scope.

Matt

Return to “Lothar Walther, March, Sightron, etc...”