RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#11 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:26 pm

Now I understand why Shaun asked us to shoot my Airstream Mk3 out to 100 yards today .
Had to wait for a really good day though.
He's got the photos.
Tank.
BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#12 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 am

I'm not into competition , but I take my hats of to you guys that do HFT , FT , or any other competitive shooting .

I have Mk3 No10 with adjustable regulator , the majority of the time I shoot prone or of the bench , had many air rifles and full bore .

I wouldn't say the ISP beats the others hands down , but it does beat them , in every respect it's the best air rifle I have ever had , I can't give you the details as the gentleman before me.

What I can say is that it is pure quality ,consistent shoot , I have used it in extreme cold , and extreme heat without any bother,and in some right crap weather , the feel is right , everything moves with precision , everything clicks and locks into place like clockwork.

At 50 yards it's not hard putting pellet in pellet , at 100 yards you can get 50p grouping with a little patience , and I know this is probably totally irrelevant to the original question but you can have a lot of fun plinking a Coke can at 140-150 yard.

I have never shot a RAW so I can only comment on the ISP.

When I can afford it I'll get another one , some one said to me not so long ago that ISP is the best kept secret in Air rifle manufacture .

Every one that I have let use it are blown away by it , what more can I say.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#13 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Quote: "....100 yards with a 11.5ftbs Airstream..."

:o :)
Attachments
P1010650 (1).JPG
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#14 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Great to hear from you David knew I would get a comment out of you.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#15 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Credit: dia6olo (UK)

"Picked up a TM 1000 Saturday.

Spent Monday checking it over the chrono, it doesn't have a gauge so I wanted to check both how many shots and how consistent...

Filled to 190 Bar and used Daystate LI's 7.9 Grain from the tin because I had some laying around and knew they would have a reasonable weight consistency.

I was surprised to get 130 shots with 190 Bar before they started to tail off, shot to shot was very consistent, the max spread was 15fps caused by 5 or 6 shots, the rest were very consistent.

The rifle is still very new to me so not much I can say about it apart from it is very well finished and built like a tank!

My one concern when I ordered it was the trigger, I'm used to match triggers, Walthers, Anschutz and Steyrs! I needen't have worried, the trigger isn't match quality but it is PLENTY good enough!

I Ordered mine in laminate and asked for a stock modification (extra depth), unfortunately for me they managed to break the stock when it was in its final stage and ran out of the black/grey laminate they use.

I had the option to wait for more laminate or have it made in red laminate, I went red and glad I did! While I was at it I also asked for a shorter length of pull of 13 1/4 Inch, the standard is 14 1/4 Inch.

Initial impression is it fits me very nicely.

Did some pellet testing today, indoors at Atherton.

Rifle wasn't great with JSB Exacts 4.51, 4.52 or 4.53 but it really liked the JSB Express!"
Attachments
TM 1000.jpg
16.jpg
15.jpg
12.jpg
10.jpg
8.jpg
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#16 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Could be the actual batches that aren't very good rather than just label each card express or whatever.
Why do a lot of people use CRC, surely edge to edge is easier to measure.
Which leads me on to, I reckon his tape measures wrong 1 pellet hole 4.5mm dia and clearly have at least 4 times that in the best above so 18mm group size.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
Co
Conor

#17 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:13 pm

CTC is not a FT based measure, Edge to Edge is much more appropuate as we have metal plates with holes in them in FT. sometimes the centre of your pellet can hit but the edge can clip the hoke and not result in a kill (split). Anyway plinking groups on paper don't test the pedigree of a good FT gun reliability, consistency, POI stability and usability alongside good solid well engineered quality materials.
dia6olo
Go to Rifle: Air Arms
Where: Leigh

#18 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:25 pm

I have to disagree with edge to edge measurement...

If you were to aim for a very fine X with a .177 pellet you could be 2.25mm out and still shave the the centre of the X but which ever way you look at it you are still 2.25mm out.

If you were to shoot at a horizontal line at say 55 yards so you could measure the drop, would you measure the top edge? the bottom edge? or the centre? ;)
dia6olo
Go to Rifle: Air Arms
Where: Leigh

#19 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Jon wrote:Could be the actual batches that aren't very good rather than just label each card express or whatever.
Why do a lot of people use CRC, surely edge to edge is easier to measure.
Which leads me on to, I reckon his tape measures wrong 1 pellet hole 4.5mm dia and clearly have at least 4 times that in the best above so 18mm group size.
Nothing wrong with my tape measure and if anything I have sold myself short! The 8mm ctc actually measures 11mm edge to edge 6.5/7mm ctc ;)
Attachments
8r1.JPG
8r2.JPG
da
daveb

#20 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:35 pm

Very interesting idea re the test between the 2 rifles. I shoot Yorkshire benchrest 25 yds, 10 targets inward scoring, cut the 2mm bull for a 10,obliterate the bull for a 10+1. My EV2 and Steyr LG110 are excellent rifles and group well but in benchrest competitions are often found wanting. My test for these 2 rifles would be to shoot 3 targets each one shot per target and display them here. Groups and FT targets do not show ultimate accuracy, benchrest does. I would love to see the results as I am considering a new rifle ans these 2 are among the contenders.

Return to “FIELD TARGET & BENCH REST - Comps., Shooters, Rifles, Kit, etc.”