RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:57 pm

I'd like to see a shoot off between these 2 custom made rifles...

I know one of them (ISP) is more "custom made" than the RAW...but for some reason, these 2 new kids on the block need a - who's the better one ???

Anyone have both rifles and settle the score ?
spartan
Go to Rifle: isp spartan, airstre
Where: walsall

#2 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi Peter

I will be building a 12ftlbs version off my 10 meter rifle for a local customer of mine soon, who has recently purchased a TM 1000 rifle, what do you have in mind peter as a competition and will see what i can arrange, personally i don't think there will be any competition :lol:
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#3 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 am

Hi Shaun !

Would love to ...in a manner of speaking...an apple for apples control test.

ie: side by side pellet groupings at 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 yards bench rested. Same batch tin of pellets...unsorted and uncherry picked pellets. Straight out of tin.

Then cherry picked pellets either barrels prefer , to compare how much tighter groups are.

Thats it. What you reckon ?
Co
Conor

#4 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:13 am

Your really only testing barrel and pellets there in that test.
Only need 55yrds for acid group test.

Thing like trigger, consistency over charge, reliability, handling and POI stability in varying temperatures (day to day zero) etc would be my side by side comparisons.
Lol Moore
Go to Rifle: Steyr
Where: Chichester

#5 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:46 am

spartan wrote:Hi Peter

I will be building a 12ftlbs version off my 10 meter rifle for a local customer of mine soon, who has recently purchased a TM 1000 rifle, what do you have in mind peter as a competition and will see what i can arrange, personally i don't think there will be any competition :lol:

as Shaun says, no competition..... :D
...the barrel shoots, the stock hits the target...
spartan
Go to Rifle: isp spartan, airstre
Where: walsall

#6 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:19 am

Hi Peter.

As Conor says, just a group test at 50 yards would be ok, personally i would compare, triggers, shot to shot consistency, General firing cycle, lock time, shot capacity, but thats dependant on cylinder size, whether you get reg bleed if the gun is left for sometime, and general appearance, smoothness and operation of the action.

Realistically i don't suppose there would be much difference, Most guns now are accurate, it's just what you like and personal preference. Most of all availability of the actions, once i've made these last airstreams i'm taking a break from making them for a while, neglecting too much family life, so the TM1000 definitely wins there.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#7 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:31 pm

OK I get the picture guys...

Shaun, if your customer is a top shot, get him to post his review here ?

OR, if your customer is willing to loan both rifles to Conor for an ternoon test, that be cool to hear it from a World Champ. , right Conor ? :mrgreen:
Co
Conor

#8 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:46 pm

I'd need them slightly longer than an afternoon for a true unbiased test, would 4-6 months suit? :mrgreen:
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#9 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 pm

Shaun you have David in US who junked that no1 TM in favour of that ISP last year.
First comment was trigger then the Rapid like lock time = no contest.

Come on Dave I know you browse give some feedback. :lol:
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
.375@5
Go to Rifle: Steyr
Where: Dallas

#10 Re: RAW TM1000 Vs. ISP MkIII Airstream

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:25 pm

Jon,

As you know I don't spend much time posting. I will say this: whether it be a Rapid-MFR,TM-1000, Smith-01 ( which is a higher quality Rapid), or ISP MkIII, my rifle formally being a Smith, Serial # -01, currently I shoot an ISP MkIII, serial # A-01, 20 ft/lb version, I spend much time testing. I feel this best formula for true results is honesty and consistency, day-in-day out. One can not expect to rise up through the ranks based on one good day at the range.

As Conor has mentioned," testing has to be conducted over a period of time". My rifle shooting career beginning in 1985. Over the past four years I have shot close to 80,000 pellets in my 50m test tunnel and in an open field to find what works for me. My fit, my preference of a FT rifle. Having shot the Rapid-MFR, TM-1000,Smith-01 and my favorite being ISP A-01. As many of my friends know to the extent of my testing.

I will say this: Rapid-MFR, TM-1000, SMITH-01 are all very nice weapons and very similar in their blue print. All of which can be equally accurate. The separator for me:

1.) Trigger of the ISP ( Anschutz 5018 ) this trigger being the signature of the gold medal winning rifles of Anschutz. Very CONSISTENT, very adjustable. An excellent trigger is not one that breaks at a very light setting!,

2.) Lock time,firing cycle what ever you want to call the happenings from the time the trigger is pulled to when pellet exits the barrel. Very quick, very reliable. I run my hammer with light coating of sewing machine oil. Checking lubricity often! Over varying temps.,

3.) Consistency: shot to shot, again the ISP being stop watch consistent.

These are my findings of the ISP MkIII and the rifle which has lead me to step into the winner's circle.

Best Regards to All,
David

Return to “FIELD TARGET & BENCH REST - Comps., Shooters, Rifles, Kit, etc.”