F-CLASS AIR

Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#11 Re: F-CLASS AIR

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:11 pm

AdminMASTER wrote: #1.Anschutz 9015 - the world's first pimped by UK Guru Jon Harris - ...Ok, in still air, inside Jumbo Hanger - so no air breeze
Its exceptional in proper wind tried and tested sub 12mph.
My Fen JH P800X is pretty good takes 1/4 less than Steyrs, 1/2 less than previous Anchutz 9003 but that first 9015 takes 1/3 of my P800 and nothing to do with the barrel often assumed and same pellets used.

Can even take a sorted EV2 in to account they don't take much wind but when a shooter next to you says whos done that tight group at 55 and you turn round and say watch this I will aim on right edge watch right side of pellet clip inside right edge when he was drifting 45mm left to 10mm right you know some things right.
My own P800 was veering off 50mm+ left to 12mm right same pellets. Steyrs a good 70mm left old Anchutz 80mm+

Next blue 9015 similar, others maybe not.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
digi2496
Go to Rifle: Ataman & Steyr
Where: Adeje/Tenerife

#12 Re: F-CLASS AIR

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:59 pm

Please, Who will test the f-class air targets this weekend???????????.

I would like to know your comments..............

Digi2496.
Jon

#13 Re: F-CLASS AIR

Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:38 pm

A club member prints ours off we use the 25+5 sighters on an A4 page out to 50 yards.
75 yard is much smaller than yours 1-10 fits on an A4 sheet with room to spare.
We only do it informally for fun but if theres standardised targets we will look in to it.
digi2496

#14 Re: F-CLASS AIR

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:41 am

THANKS..........
BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#15 Re: F-CLASS AIR

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:54 pm

There my two targets shot by me.
Was hoping to do better in Norway next weekend , but I'll health has put a stop to that.
I was training hard and getting similar groupings, standing shots were hard for me , I was messing them shots up no end.
They weren't the worst I'd shot , but I really needed to improve.
The ONE has been faultless , and impressive in its concistatcy, giving a good return on shot count as well , is it better than the FWB , that I used ?.
For this type of shooting I think it is , the trigger is definitely better for this shooting.
It works for me , but may not be for every one , as I know some people aren't getting on with there's.
Ben.
Jon

#16 Re: F-CLASS AIR

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:15 pm

The first One last year I felt at home with to the extent of picking an impact point within 7mm dia at 55 yards and see not enlargening off the knee. Its been a long long time since encountered any rifle I could do that with that just inspires confidence.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#17 Re: F-CLASS AIR

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:32 pm

digi2496 wrote:Hammerli's price is only 750€..........

:mrgreen:
-------------------------

http://www.network54.com/Forum/673067/m ... r+Arms+MPR

Why did I suggest ? because of budget..ie: under Euro900

Anyway - here's some accuracy feedback from this poster from across the pond:

"The MPR is the same gun as the MPR-FT in a lower power tune and a slightly different stock configuration. It can be setup to full 12FPE power easily as shown in the link below.
http://www.airguns.net/general_aa_mpr_power_upgrade.php

I have an MPR-FT that has shot several 249's and a few 250's indoors.
(Can the Hammerli AR20 achieve this :?: )

Mine is just about stock, I tried free floating the barrel and it shot worse. Air Arms designed the gun to have upward pressure on the bottom front of the barrel and mine shoots best with the barrel band and o-ring as installed. The barrels in these are very hard, hammer forged and take a lot of cleanup to get them to stop the fliers. I scrubbed my barrel with JB Bore Paste on a brass brush over several 100 stroke sessions seeing improvement after each session. I use an LDC on mine without any change in accuracy.

I would remove the barrel and clean it well with JB Bore Paste on a brass brush for 100 strokes from the breach end, get the power up over 11FPE, remove the action from the stock and lay down 3-4 layers of vinyl electrical tape in the stock where the action is bedded to remove some of the pressure from the front of the stock on the bottom of the airtube, get the trigger pull weight down in the 4 ounce or lower range and test with JSB/AA 8.4 and 7.9 grain pellets in every different lot# I could find until I found one with promise and then weight sort and air gauge them for head size consistency.

The barrels seem to be the main issue in the MPR and EV2, I got lucky with my MPR-FT, it's a good one... the factory barrel in my EV2 wouldn't make a good tomato stake. I'm doing much better with a BSA blank and an old LW SS blank.

I have worked on a couple MPR's and my EV2 for benchrest use including fitting barrels to them in the Boomer Technologies Laboratory (my workshop.) "
Attachments
EV2 Barrel Work.jpg
July 9 - 2014.jpg
Jon

#18 Re: F-CLASS AIR

Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:43 pm

I can see why he was having problems straight away with that EV, looks is looks not performance carbons doing nothing but hinder. To get full use carbon has to be bonded along the length.
digi2496

#19 Re: F-CLASS AIR

Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:46 pm

sorry but remember the title of the post: F-CLASS AIR

we are talking about airguns but that post is about the f-class
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#20 Re: F-CLASS AIR

Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:21 pm

digi2496 wrote:sorry but remember the title of the post: F-CLASS AIR

we are talking about airguns but that post is about the f-class

Sure

Any air rifle can be used at 15.4Joules / 11.5 ft/lb in F class air for 25m / 50m

I agree , more power is need for 100m air rifles, and even larger calibers...

Unfortunately in UK, maximum (Free) is 15.4Joules - therefore 25meter / 50meter

Competitively for more power and larger caliber in UK, not many get "FAC" license for an air rifle benchrest. (Big Bore airguns are almost non-existent in UK and no interest - you will rarely see a UK owner; but listed otherwise under "FAC" - Fire Arms Certificate" listing with other powder guns in other forums).

I have seen back several years the Dutch Masters of this event > BIG BORE air rifles for 100m :shock: > http://www.100mairgun.nl/
image.png
image.png (735.99 KiB) Viewed 5400 times

Return to “FIELD TARGET & BENCH REST - Comps., Shooters, Rifles, Kit, etc.”