Scoped up THOMAS

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Scoped up THOMAS

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:34 am

credit: http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/final ... -at-55yds/

"Broke out the Thomas this evening. Temp finally hovered around 80 and there was no wind, so I had to try some 50 and 55 yd shooting.
All shots off rifle mounted bipod with rear bag with Sightron on 30 power.
I’m shooting the 13.43 gr JSB Monsters about 815 FPS. Rifle zeroed at 28 yds. My choice for Field Target. The target has 3/8″ circles inside 5/8″ squares.All 4 of the six shot groups measure sub MOA, (1/2″ CC at 50 yds).For my first 50 yd, 6 shot group my POA Point of Aim was at the center of square number 100 and 4 of the six shots dropped roughly 1.6 inches to the bottom of square number 98 with the last 2 pellets at the right top corner of square 97.
Then I determined my Kentucky windage and tried to nail square number 100 with all six shots hitting a little low. Had a nice vertical string on that one with 1 flyer.
Then the 3rd 50 yd group at square #80, I was still trying my luck at Kentucky windage. The first 4 shots were within 1/4″ of POA, then had 2 low shots but all six were still under 1/2″ CC.Then I decided to move the target out to 55 yds which is the max for Field Target. My POA was the center of square #60. All six pellets dropped a good 2.6 inches to form my best group of the day at square #56."
Thomas- Scoped.png
Thomas.png
NeilM
Go to Rifle: Whiscombe
Where: Weston-super-Mare

#2 Re: Scoped up THOMAS

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:18 am

I love the look of the Thomas rifles, and from the posts I see on facebook the FT version is pretty effective.

Goodness know what it would costs to import one into the UK, I'm not brave enough to even contemplate it.

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”