Pardini GPR1TOP, BenGun at it again

BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#1 Pardini GPR1TOP, BenGun at it again

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:16 am

Yep, I'm having number two done now, and it's going to be better than the Mk1.this conversion isn't for the faint hearted, it is the most expensive one known in the airgun world, and time consuming, sure it can be done cheaper, just by buying the basic Pardini, but then you would be missing the point, it's untried in serious Ft yet,tried in a friendly club shoots with some promise, so is an unknown rifle, the Mk1 showed promise, but I think the Mk2 will be a wake up call, for the pro shooter world.
Still using the Pardini GPR1 Top as the start point, mainly because I want to have the choice of still being able to use the diopter sights if I want to.
The Guru himself has agreed to do the bulk of the work ( reluctantly I hasten to add ) , probably a MEC but hook, March 8-80x56 and March scope rings have already been ordered, some other custom parts I can't talk about yet.
As and when I get news and photos I will post on the forum, watch this space.
At the moment you will have to make do with how the Pardini is straight out of the box.
Attachments
img20160106_080519.jpg
img20160106_080455.jpg
img20160106_080424.jpg
img20160106_080308.jpg
Sven
Go to Rifle: Anschutz, Walther, ATOM
Where: Arnhem

#2 Re: Pardini GPR1TOP, BenGun at it again

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:30 pm

Nice rifle, good looks on this this GPR-1. I heard they are seen more at the big international matches these days, so seem to become popular with the 10m top shooters lately.
So what is the difference between the mk1 and mk2 then? And which point are we missing?
And why did you choose to buy a new Pardini and not to improve on your mk1?
And I'm also curious how you would compare the Pardini to the 9015One? In terms of handling, pellet acceptance (fussy) and accuracy.

Thanks for posting the pictures,
BenGun

#3 Re: Pardini GPR1TOP, BenGun at it again

Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:45 pm

The Mk1 was,,and probably still is the first one in the world ( for the moment).
It was pellet fussy, and I had regulator problems, which were sorted out.
The point being, buying the TOP, it has diopter sights, which suit the Pardini perfectly, two hamsters and some other kit that comes with it, diopter for me are important, as I want to be able to change from scope to diopter quickly, my main sport is target shooting and long range target shooting, having 12ft/lbs brings a whole new dimension to target shooting, instead of shooting to 10 meters, I can use the diopter out to 30+ meters which is in my opinion is more challenging and great fun.
Things I would alter now are scope rail, regulator, barrel tuner, balance, and rear of stock including but hook, have a special hamster and adjuster made using the Pardini palm shelves , I would also like to try the Rowan DSW on it as well, it was easier selling Mk1 and starting again, Pardini have also made some changes themselves to the rifle over the two years or so, including the barrel manufacture.
Some machining of the action would help
It's no better or worse than the Anshutz ONE, with the right pellets it was just as accurate, the Pardini was not as good as the ONE at longer ranges over 80 meters, the ONE is proving itself even out to 100 meters, the Padini didn't like wind much, it is also a little lighter than the One.
But the ONE and the Pardini are two completely different rifles, you can see that just by looking at them, the ONE looks fairly brutal compared to the Ferrari Italian style of the Pardini, they feel totally different to shoot, but both shoot very affectivly.
The biggest problem I can see with the Anschutz ONE is the articulated link between the action and the but, it will not take any form of punishment at all, for 10 meter Olympic target shooting it is fine, but FT, the slightest knock could could mess with the set up, possibly even snap and break The link, even using a bipod for bench rest, you put the rifle down resting on the but hook, the whole link bends alarmingly, I have resorted to using a block of wood to rest the pistol grip on, rather than rest it on the but hook.
But hook will probably require changing on the ONE for some people, I have got used to it now, but it is very thin, and can be awkward to shoulder, it is also less wind fussy than I thought it might of bean.
The Mk1 Pardini was a prototype, I just hope I can improve things on the Mk2, this can only be done with the outstanding help and skill from many other people, without who's help this project has no chance of finishing.
Sven
Go to Rifle: Anschutz, Walther, ATOM
Where: Arnhem

#4 Re: Pardini GPR1TOP, BenGun at it again

Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:31 pm

Thanks for the detailed explanation Ben.

I was looking to make a choice between the Anschütz 9003 Precise, the 9015 Precisie, the 9015One to convert to 12fpe for FT.
From your words I make it that I should not choose the 9015ONe because of the weak link in the stock. So I will limit my choice between the Precise 9003 or 9015.

The Pardini GPR-1 may be a good option as well. Price-wise it is at the same level as the 9003 Precise. I see 2500 euro for the GPR-1 and 2550 for the 9003Precise without sights.
The choice would be easier If I only knew what is involved to get the Pardini to 12fpe. Could you shed any light on that?
For the Anschütz I know what to do to get it FT ready.
Thanks, Sven.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#5 Re: Pardini GPR1TOP, BenGun at it again

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:04 pm

Just needs tightening up with a proper screw rather than the cheap and nasty torx. Wouldn't be so bad if used decent screws torx or allen.

Failing that its play in the adjustable cast off which you would get in the Precise, just nip them up simple.

You will end up with a far better rifle by going with the One.
Once sorted can get them almost as good as a JH P800.

Theres only one 12ft/lb Pardini GPR1 in existence.
Hope they have rectified the unforgivable machining.
Lets just say to approach max power every thing has to be maxed out but limited by design, only the hardened attempt. May have to make many new parts that will break and machine the block something that should have been done when made.
Its a Lamborghini or Alfa prone to pack up in typical Italian fashion. Theres only so much you can remake to retain originality but mk1 was a nightmare.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
BenGun

#6 Re: Pardini GPR1TOP, BenGun at it again

Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:44 am

Pardini is now with Jon,look forward to talking to him about the mods and pimping.
Still no proper news about the March 8-80x56 and rings, all I'm told is back end of Feb, which is a bit of a disappointment as I was hoping to get the scope rings anodised the same time as everything else.
Good news is that the SE Ergonomic but hook turned up really quick, order on the Monday arived Wednesday from Intershoot.
Will keep you posted.

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”