Pardini GPR16 - Official Field Target model

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#21 Re: Pardini GPR16 - Official Field Target model

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Jon wrote:First one hadn't had the barrel sleeve cut down to a usable length, 5 min job. Its only purpose is to extend the foresight using dioptres.

Suspect they had to have made a couple of hundred blocks and still not got rid of them in 2 or 3 years. Point is unsafe 0.52mm aluminium one side of action with 70+ BAR pressure reg pressure against it in 7J, more for 12ft/lb shocking. Theres a few calculators out there if wish to do the sums regarding wall thickness, bore, pressure it will take etc prepare to be shocked then what if reg fails and lets 200bar through.

Yours is now safe Ben like the first one heard was back up for sale last week.

Mmm...in USA market , if failure and injury to user = $$$$$ Mega Lawsuit :shock: :o
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#22 Re: Pardini GPR16 - Official Field Target model

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:22 pm

200 on still exactly the same dire machining I wouldn't have let go 27 years ago using no tools.

1.5mm one side 0.52mm the other side with 70 bar against it.
PardiniGPR1ProTop0001_11.jpg
PardiniGPR1ProTop0001_11.jpg (36.07 KiB) Viewed 1045 times
Both cocking links replaced here from proper steel, originals broke but that's just tip of the iceberg with these master pieces.

Two things good about them, the cylinder will take 300bar I have tested and the short overall length of block but still a long way to go to get close to what I did 24 years ago more than halving back end to barrel.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#23 Re: Pardini GPR16 - Official Field Target model

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:27 am

People never believe me when I tell them how much work you have to put into a Pardini GPR1 to get it right .

I keep telling people , first you have to find some one with enough skill to do the conversion , the cost of the rifle in the first place , the cost of conversion, it ain't a conversion for the faint hearted.

The end result is stunning.

Maybe Pardini should get their head out of the sand and have another look at how they are doing things.

I was on the phone for some time last night with our testing buddy , he's not a happy bunny , and he has sent his back.

They should be begging Jon to do the conversions for them , at least he does a proper job , probably a good little earner for you Jon.
Every one ,but every one who had a go on your Pardini fell in love with it.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#24 Re: Pardini GPR16 - Official Field Target model

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:41 pm

I refused to do any more two years ago but you talked me in to it, wish I hadn't.

Build quality is just disgusting for a £400 rifle yet alone £3200 un-modded. If it were a car it would be worse than the 40 year ago British Leyland build quality - in a Fiat ; and that's dressing it up.

What it means is because the actions off centre, the stock's generally correct and cylinder, reg etc is off to the one side. Not a problem for 10M - just clamp front and rear with a bit of play in the cylinder thread ...will pull across.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#25 Re: Pardini GPR16 - Official Field Target model

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Yes but No 2 , will be far better than No1.
I'll put it to the test in the Jumbo Hanger as soon as I can.

JH Pardini MkII >> https://www.pimpmyairgun.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=2111

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”