S&B FT vs. Kahles K1050 vs. Sightron

ErikVi
Go to Rifle: Steyr & AAA
Where: Stavanger

#1 S&B FT vs. Kahles K1050 vs. Sightron

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Although I have been visiting this forum for years this is my first topic so please bear with me.

I'm considering a high power scope for my fac semi auto Steyr. The gun and scope combo will be used for target shooting at known and unknown distances. I already have a Delta Optical Titanium 4,5-14x44 FFP mil/mil for general plinking.

Boiled it all down to 3 choices:
1. S&B FT 12.5-50x56 Gen. 1 Sport FT2L reticle, covered turrets
2. Kahles K1050 Dot
3. Sightron SIII 10-50x60 LRIRMH

Can get a new in box SuB for €1700, Kahles for €2100 and Sightron for €1250.

I'm aware of the previous trouble associated with the first generation SuB, but at this price point it is very tempting to try it out.

All of the scopes will probably do the job just fine, but please help me chose one of them!

BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#2 Re: S&B FT vs. Kahles K1050 vs. Sightron

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Go for the Sightron , I have 3 , and have no complaints , and will do everything you ask of it and more.
BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#3 Re: S&B FT vs. Kahles K1050 vs. Sightron

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Forgot to say , I have a standard Hunting 5 and an Automatic ( semi automatic ) .
I use the Sightrons on both , with great results both in target , and hunting.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#4 Re: S&B FT vs. Kahles K1050 vs. Sightron

Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:13 pm

...I have 4 X Sightrons ...Mil Dot...non illuminated. Plan to get another dozen or so when Im in the USA next time

...I recommend these people: http://www.4scopes.com/sightron/sit-25144.html

viewtopic.php?f=135&t=1281

Speak to Joel Cannon - Highly recommended & a pleasure to do Biz. with - I bought all 4 of them in 1 go from them...

NB: I will be attending IW 2015 in Nuremberg to check out loads of goodies, and will definitely take pics & get more details on the new Kahles 1050 & SuB scopes...
ErikVi
Go to Rifle: Steyr & AAA
Where: Stavanger

#5 Re: S&B FT vs. Kahles K1050 vs. Sightron

Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Thank you for the replies and links gentlemen.

I must admit that the Sightron SIII with .05 mead clicks and illuminated mil-hash reticle is very tempting. If I calculate in shipping cost and VAT it's actually cheaper for me to buy it here in Norway. The savings are only around $100 - but the support and backup from a trusted, local, vendor can not be measured in money imho. Since Norway is not part of the EU, 25% tax are added to all imported goods. From a european dealership this is not that big of a deal, as most vendors will subtract EU taxes before exporting the goods.
http://www.jaktfall.no/produkt/sightron ... x60-lrirmh

On the other hand the Kahles really speaks to me. The idea of an high end Austrian pcp with equal high end Austrian glass is really appealing. I can get it over the counter with the DOT reticle for €2100. Cheapest I have found abroad is €1870 including taxes and shipping.

For now its a toss up between the Kahles and the Sightron.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#6 Re: S&B FT vs. Kahles K1050 vs. Sightron

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:39 am

ErikVi wrote:Thank you for the replies and links gentlemen.

I must admit that the Sightron SIII with .05 mead clicks and illuminated mil-hash reticle is very tempting. If I calculate in shipping cost and VAT it's actually cheaper for me to buy it here in Norway. The savings are only around $100 - but the support and backup from a trusted, local, vendor can not be measured in money imho. Since Norway is not part of the EU, 25% tax are added to all imported goods. From a european dealership this is not that big of a deal, as most vendors will subtract EU taxes before exporting the goods.
http://www.jaktfall.no/produkt/sightron ... x60-lrirmh

On the other hand the Kahles really speaks to me. The idea of an high end Austrian pcp with equal high end Austrian glass is really appealing. I can get it over the counter with the DOT reticle for €2100. Cheapest I have found abroad is €1870 including taxes and shipping.

For now its a toss up between the Kahles and the Sightron.

Hey Erik,

Have you seen the new KAHLES K1050 in Silver anodise ?

What have you decided ?

Thanks
AdminMASTER

Return to “Lothar Walther, March, Sightron, etc...”