Garima Valic Pimpy Scope Stuff

BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#1 Garima Valic Pimpy Scope Stuff

Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:31 pm

OK both these wheels are made for Sightron 10-50x60.

Lets start with the white and gold one , first things first , feels good but very light , push on fitting ,with four grub screws for extra grip.
So far so good , fitting a cinch , not so , slightest push down to seat it properly, cracked one of the white arms , not a good start ( so it's flimsy then , yep ).

Then, when you have mounted it properly ( and at first you don't notice ) , you want to get the pointer in roughly the right place , the pointer fits the scope perfectly.

It is then you realise the scope wheel is to big ( far to big ) , the wheel extends past the magnification dial on the Sightron to just where the magnification numbers start and the tube bells out from 30mm to 40+mm , so the now the pointer is on the inside of the wheel , with the pointer extending so far out , the spokes of the wheel snag the pointer.

Flipping heck was my first thought ( actually it was FH ), so as a pair they don't work.

Now for the red one.

Magnetic fixing comes in two halves ,clamps on fine , has one heck of a powerful magnet to hold wheel on. Tight fit for smooth forward and backward movement , no clicking positive feel, but flaps about quite easily left and right , as though it's going to fall off.

Now that bloody turret, it's to deep , again a clean snug push fit , but the rubber insert barley touches the scope metal turret before it touches the magnet of the side wheel , wobbles about as you cant push it on far enough.

So now I can use the white wheel without a pointer....or I can use the red wheel , with a pointer , but without the red turret.

All threaded screws attach with only one turn , not three or four.
Attachments
P1010898.JPG
looks preaty
P1010907.JPG
that's just about it though
P1010892.JPG
top view
P1010893.JPG
magnet
P1010894.JPG
magnetic horse shoe clamp
P1010895.JPG
underside
P1010896.JPG
only loosely in place
P1010897.JPG
nothing fits
P1010905.JPG
Turret pressed slightly on before tightening , but you can get it on far enough before it touches the side wheel clamp , without enough bite to hold it in place
P1010903.JPG
Turret just wresting on top
BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#2 Re: Garima Valic Pimpy Scope Stuff

Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:17 am

Has any one done these in Carbon Fibre / Kevlar composite yet ?
Would they be lighter and stronger , I know my German Carbon Kevlar silencer is lighter than any of the others I have, no idea if it's stronger , as I have no intention of taking a sledge hammer to any of them.
Probably to expensive to do in small numbers.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#3 Re: Garima Valic Pimpy Scope Stuff

Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Oldtanky wrote:Has any one done these in Carbon Fibre / Kevlar composite yet ?

Would they be lighter and stronger , I know my German Carbon Kevlar silencer is lighter than any of the others I have, no idea if it's stronger , as I have no intention of taking a sledge hammer to any of them.

Probably to expensive to do in small numbers.

Carbon fibre weave sheets...is like a taylor's cloth....needs a "mould" and vaccum / auto clave...to create a shape...

INFO. >> http://www.easycomposites.co.uk/Beginne ... Fibre.aspx

Price reward / ratio = not worth it for turrets ;) (JH does cool alu custom stuff- so Alu & the Guru is best route)

NB: on flip side, best contact Andras for 3D plastic print
1.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg

Return to “Lothar Walther, March, Sightron, etc...”