Kahles-ret2_zps3b678488.png
Matt
Sven
Go to Rifle: Anschutz, Walther, ATOM
Where: Arnhem

#2 Re: Kahles FT ret

Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks for posting Matt.
Can you explain some more about the ret divisions of the hashes in the cross and (more interesting) the refereces for the hashes at the bottom?
distances for 40mm kilzone ? at which magnification?
Prices I find for the K1050 in Germany are interesting.
Matt
Go to Rifle: Anschutz
Where: Rotherham

#3 Re: Kahles FT ret

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:07 pm

The hashes at the bottom allowing bracketing of a 40mm killzone on 50 mag, left hand side in yards, right hand side in metres. We have included upto 60 yards.

The idea is just to allow a secondary check not that I expect to use it often but it's better to have the option than not. The other ret that will be available is the standard duplex.

As far as I am aware the ft scope has not been released yet, the benchrest is available at the moment.

Regards

Matt
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#4 Re: Kahles FT ret

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:07 pm

I look forward to viewing through the scope at IWA.

Will enquire if they indend to do the scope in Silver anodise, unless you already know the answer Matt ?
Matt

#5 Re: Kahles FT ret

Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:51 pm

Yes it is available silver, it was one of the first things I asked for when I got involved with the scope.

Matt
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#6 Re: Kahles FT ret

Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:19 pm

credit: http://www.kahles.at/kahles-united-stat ... 050/k1050/

...found this on USA website...as I searched SHOT show 2015...
Attachments
KAHLES USA - K1050.jpg
Matt

#7 Re: Kahles FT ret

Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Received the new scope on Tuesday, the ret is slightly changed in that the centre dot is now smaller, will try to get it set-up at the weekend.

Need a set of sportsmatch ATP66 as I have an issue with my rifle at the moment so if I can't get any by the weekend it wont be setup.

As an update to the prototype scope that I have been using I managed joint second place at the BFTA championships on Saturday, joint with Andy Calpin and Andrew Gillott.

Andrew Gillott didn't want to stay until the end but Andy Calpin was last round the course I asked if he wanted to flip a coin for second place but he said no he wanted to shoot off for it.

Arriving at the shootoff lane we had six shots, 3 kneelers then 3 standers, first one 25mm at I think 35 yards, second 40mm at 45 and third 40mm at 50 yards. As I had just arrived I had to call the coin toss as to who was going first, I lost but Andy said he would go first whilst I got my breath back.

He nailed all three targets, but was laughing as he came off them, as I looked at the first target I knew why as he had split 6 O'Clock. I knelt and was for some reason looking at the split on Andy's first shot and promptly pulled the trigger, I hit his split but it didn't go over for me, my second shot I had a lucky split on that went and nailed the third.

Andy got the first standing shot, but pulled massively on the second to miss and then missed the third, I needed all three to win the shootoff which luckily I did. So took second place overall.

Am really impressed with how the scope performed once more, it just seems to work. I hate the fine cross hair ret in the current version, though the new one has my FT ret in it.

One issue I found a solution to was the heat haze, rotating the smaller wheel faster in ever decreasing rotations allowed me to see the clear spot and range with few issues - I think the gap sizes on the 3 inch wheel help here.

Other thing I noticed was that when other people use the scope they miss read the wheel as the gap sizes are decent, they rangefind targets saying it's 53 - 54 yards but when you get them to check the wheel again they then see that they are around 51 yards, I think they are so used to smaller gaps on their existing scopes so they judges the scale from the 50 mark rather than between the 50 and 55 yard markers.

Will post an update once I have this other scope set up.

Matt
Matt

#8 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:14 am

Have got the latest ft ret version put in the rifle yesterday, everything appears good, pa marks line up with old scope so will give them a run out for a few week - can't really do anything else as first gp next week and nefta classic is week after.

Had to reset clicks as using different mounts, again will see if they are correct come the first gp.

Regards

Matt
Matt

#9 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Well went to the first GP, was a little concerned at being put with some of the sports top shots, Stu hancox and Mark "Bertie" Bassett but at least it would be a good shoot.

The course turned out to be an absolute blinder, shots in dark (thanks Kahles for the illuminator), shots in bright light, uphill shots down hill shots it reminded me of shoots from 10 or so years ago like Dave Baines used to put out - never any real gimmes as if you relaxed the wind eat you up and spat you back out. I hope we have a lot more courses like this.

So how did the scope perform?

To be honest it performed as expected, the pellets that I saw land were all on the level, apart from two - one I pulled and the other around 43 yards went a good 20mm above the top of the kill so I put this down to a dodgy pellet as the shot felt really good.

We started lane 6 and at the end of the course before the long walk back to the start I was 3 down, then I double dinked a lane, just didn't judge the wind correctly at all. Back at Lane 1 I bumped into Dan Eley who was having gun issues with his new Anschutz 9003, so I was half concentrating on shooting and half offering advice on how to set the rifle up, but targets were still falling so I wasn't complaining. At the last lane Richard Beaugie walked by he had finished on a four which was a bloody good score (top score for the morning session), anyway I sat down and nailed the longer of the two targets and then gave edge of kill on the shorter target, wind was blowing left to right, on the target there were a group of misses where I was aiming but I could see the ones in the kill were over the right hand side of the kill. Anyway I slipped the trigger and the pellet landed on my crosshair so went straight so I finished 6 down.

Stu I think finished 8 and Bertie was 9 so overall I was chuffed to bits with how the scope performed. I ended up joint 2nd I think for the morning session ( not 100% sure as left mid afternoon and as I write this the results haven't been posted).

Looking forward to the Classic next week, but I know I need another range session to double check the ranges marked on the scope and also the clicks as confidence is the only thing missing at the moment.

Matt
johnnyboy
Go to Rifle: FWB
Where: Blaydon on Tyne

#10 Re: Kahles FT reticle

Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Excellent write up Matt.....top shooting, see you at the classic.

Regards

John

Return to “Lothar Walther, March, Sightron, etc...”