COMETA - 4.5mm Hammer Forged Barrels (15mm o/d)

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 COMETA - 4.5mm Hammer Forged Barrels (15mm o/d)

Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:29 pm

...am about to get some pics. and info ...after having spoken to a Dutch shop.

Supposedly the dog's bollox :o :shock:

Mmm...this could be the biggest surprise for 2017 in the airgun world. Or perhaps marketing hype; who knows for sure...

Have asked COMETA if they have these made to spec by Cz or if made in-house...

As usual, proof in pudding once I get the info.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#2 Re: COMETA - 4.5mm Hammer Forged Barrels (15mm o/d)

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:42 pm

NB: per private message

The story...

I was tracking down/sourcing from any shop reseller for the Black Penny Farthing rare BSA 4.5mm barrel blanks in the Netherlands - when the shop owner confirmed BSA no longer supplies these GENUINE kosher blanks :( It was one of the last few sold only 1 1/2 years ago. The source has dried up; however, we got talking and he told me about the COMETA. He was also aware actually of those 'white' /silver UK sourced barrel blanks and inserts - and the story as told by Jon- let's just say.... nothing .... ;)

TBH, I thought we were 1st of April when he mentioned hammer forge by Cometa... :lol: and did a double take on what he said- yes, the hammer forge marks are there to view... :shock:

Mmmm... when he sends pics, and I get the info from the COMETA factory - we shall see....
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#3 Re: COMETA - 4.5mm Hammer Forged Barrels (15mm o/d)

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Surprise to me and used to flog em up to 11 years ago.

Lifted from their site:-

Manufacture of the barrel:

At Cometa we are conscious that the success of a compressed air carbine is dependant upon the quality of the barrel. For this reason, we rigorously control the whole process of manufacturing, from the selection of the raw materials to the final finishing. Cometa’s barrels are precisely drilled and later cold hammered in machines especially made for this process.

The hammered process guarantees a finished mirror inside the guns and contributes hardness to the material. Finally, all the guns are meticulously straightened using precision tools. This superb quality controlled process characterized by the production of its barrels from start to finish, make Cometa airguns stand out as a high quality brand.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.

Return to “Lothar Walther, March, Sightron, etc...”