FTP_06.jpg
FTP_07.jpg
FTP_07.jpg (35.06 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
hddriver1
Go to Rifle: Custom
Where: Kenosha

#2 Re: Air Arms FTP900 - First Public Release Pictures

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Doesn't look much different than the EV2 to me. What do you folks think??
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#3 Re: Air Arms FTP900 - First Public Release Pictures

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:18 pm

http://youtu.be/0LYGmyWNrUU?t=4m2s

Starts at 4 Minutes...

GUN RETAILS at £1400.00 (!?)

Here: http://www.abgunsmiths.co.uk/air-arms-ftp900.html
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#4 Re: Air Arms FTP900 - First Public Release Pictures

Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Love the video, wouldn't read too much in to it when its stated as a brand new trigger which in fact is just a quicker to produce trigger blade/button.

Reminds me of muzzle breaks made in the 80's and early 90's = old hat. Knowing what the design will do I expect the rifle recoils and flips without!
I would like to know how they have tested for temp shift unless barrel is properly free floating inside that barrel sleeve eg no o ring. If that's the case muzzle break will clip even with that monster size hole in end.

Looks like a shorter reg and in to action with less regged volume. Wonder if still using the RN10 valve.

No stabilisor as found on the best rifles.

Stock looks like an alteration to the 1995 RN10 progressing with EV2, designed for 10M. Pretty much same lines except on cylinder line where must have been looking at Anchutz.

Butt pad looks good but most will want to junk in favour of a System Gemini or Anchutz.

Cant wait to take one apart see if they have improved or caught up with other manufacturers.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
po
poison dwarf

#5 Re: Air Arms FTP900 - First Public Release Pictures

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:04 pm

I suspect the shroud does sfa its just there to make it look less like an ev2 :)
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#6 Re: Air Arms FTP900 - First Public Release Pictures

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:51 am

This is the sort of difference at retail prices by going to a button.
http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/anschutz9715.jpg £17
http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/An ... 006201.jpg £34

Hearsay but heard muzzle has got an o ring like the RN10 and subsequent renames up to mark 3.
States front A frame is fixed off the main action which has to be via some form of carrier. Regardless whether robust or not cylinders veer of dependant upon pressure and will try and move the action in rear stock side fixings. Other manufacturers have gone similar route and proved fatal in differing temps plus the added problem of removable cylinder on some will affect zero.
Woods flex even laminate, hope they have retained underside fixing as well bedding on to a solid surface in which case its an easy cure.

Quick fill same as later EV2 another copy from 1992. Bring up stalkerrifles home page of accessories you will see a brass one made for him in 98 with some black QC cylinders.
One of the first things I noticed was some form of raised plaque on top dovetail. Most will want some form of rail where the screws would have to sit higher to clear with less clamping pressure.

Neat touch incorporating the windicator on old fashioned muzzle break looks part and parcel built in, something else I have rubbed off on them.
Muzzle breaks a copy of the 'Sillair' by Mick Dawes from 1983 have a look at most MDS and Brocock MDS 90 to 91, some early Daystates and Shamals knocking around.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”