AA EVII - Pimped by ISP Shaun Hill

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 AA EVII - Pimped by ISP Shaun Hill

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:56 pm

credit: Craig (UK) http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... -new-ISPv2

Cant stand the Rambo look...but whatever rocks their boat ...at least the decency of fitting a Titanium Matt finished air tube :lol:

-----------------------------

"Perfectly still again this morning so I thought I'd zero in my newly completed ISP fettled EV2 ( the ISPv2 ):
ISP - camo 1.jpg
I love this rifle Shaun has put together, it seems to run along by itself with just me to blame for any obvious missed targets. The firing cycle is totally different to a standard EV2, with a definite sharp and clinical feel - a bit like when you first have a crack with a Steyr:
ISP - camo 2.jpg
Anyway I worked out the diallings for FT ranges and set it all up ready for the season. As it was still perfectly calm after I'd finished, I decided to try and improve on my long range groups that I shot the other week.
I set up the IdleBack chair and shot a few groups at 70m with that - but it wasn't quite as steady as a proper solid bench ( probably due to the uneven floor ). So I sorted myself out with the rifle placed on a workmate with my 'firing arm' rested on the IdleBack, whilst sitting on a small step covered in an FT cushion:
ISP - camo 3.jpg
The bottom group was shot at the same measured 100m as the one from the other week. Definitely more relaxed whilst holding on target from the rock solid, sitting position at a bench - and also using a fifty magnification optic. I used the same Air Arms 4.52 pellets, although I have washed this lot. I think it's an improvement on the last group and it was certainly 'easier' to shoot it.
The wind had picked up a lot after I'd finished and had a break, although it was still a breeze that you wouldn't give much thought to whilst on a HFT/FT course. I had another go at the top target in the picture, the group shows the difference even a slight breeze can have on extreme long range 12fpe ballistics:
ISP - camo 4.jpg
The blanking tabs are covering ranging shots by the way, not fliers.

So all in all a very enjoyable morning and I know I'll be hard pushed to improve on that lower group - but I'll keep on trying with anything that I feel beneficial.

Cheers, Craig"

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”