FTP900

NeilM
Go to Rifle: Whiscombe
Where: Weston-super-Mare

#1 FTP900

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:36 pm

I recently picked up an FTP900 with a few bits and pieces that allowed me to quickly start pimping it up.

The rifle came with a spare front frame that had already been bored out to allow the barrel to be free floated. That was installed, a piece of carbon tube trimmed to length to act as a shroud and the barrel put back on.

I should shortly have a UKNeil adjustable air stripper, so if I like the look of it, that will replace the factory muzzle brake, which at present is proving a little difficult to remove, nothing a bit of ingenuity wont overcome, so be prepared for further updates.

The FTP also has an AJP scope riser and factory cheek piece pillar extension.

Scope is the ubiquitous Leupold 20-50, no idea who made the 95mm side wheel, but it's nicely made and finished.

Pellet experiments have so far shown that it's good with 4.52 AA field and express, but a lot more testing is needed before I settle on which one.
Attachments
AA FTP900 - Orig 1.png
AA FTP900 - Orig 2.png
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#2 Re: FTP900

Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Methinks that is the BEST cosmetically #Pimped #FTP900 on the circuit...

Ok, I'll say the set up as well ;)

Welcome on board & thanks for sharing
NeilM

#3 Re: FTP900

Sat May 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Wow! Thanks for the compliment.

I think the simple addition of some carbon tube really lessens the impact of the factory muzzle brake.

I have no idea why it is the size it is, but removing the silver of the shroud seems to blend it in more, rather than make it stand out, sore thumb like.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#4 Re: FTP900

Sat May 02, 2015 8:25 pm

NeilM wrote:Wow! Thanks for the compliment.

I think the simple addition of some carbon tube really lessens the impact of the factory muzzle brake.

I have no idea why it is the size it is, but removing the silver of the shroud seems to blend it in more, rather than make it stand out, sore thumb like.
;)

NOW, we'd all like tyo see a MT titanium air cylinder on her ...and of course, your future KAHLES K1050...in silver no doubt ? ...keep us posted... :geek:
NeilM

#5 Re: FTP900

Sat May 02, 2015 8:39 pm

I had an MT Ti tube on my Walther, quite a few years ago, plus a carbon shroud with alloy brake on the end, smart and nicely understated.

As for silver scopes.... hmmmm, more of a trad black kind of a guy.

The Ti tube's a nice idea though.

BTW, have you noticed that Uttings have the Kahles 1050 at the same price it can be bought in Europe. A little parallel importing methinks.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#6 Re: FTP900

Sat May 02, 2015 11:40 pm

Ref: Kahles at Uttings > http://www.uttings.co.uk/p114782-kahles ... UVRvmlVhBc

by my calculation..they're STILL, more expensive by £230 , when buying from UK , over Europe... ;)

Saw this ? > viewtopic.php?f=245&t=1379
NeilM

#7 Re: FTP900

Sun May 03, 2015 7:41 am

It will be interesting to see how some of the UK discounters react when the FT version starts to appear later this month.
NeilM

#8 Re: FTP900

Fri May 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Some further pimpage has taken place.

Carbon shroud has been replaced with..... a carbon shroud, a different one, which is longer. The factory brake has been replaced with a much smaller, much lighter UKNeil air stripper. The barrel remains properly free floating and so far the accuracy is excellent, although further testing will take place this weekend.
Attachments
NeilM - FTP001.png
NeilM - FTP002.png
NeilM - FTP003.png
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#9 Re: FTP900

Sat May 16, 2015 11:02 am

Longer shroud & more discreet air stripper makes her look like she slimmed down...much better - purely cosmetic/ aesthetic ...far sexier vixen :mrgreen:
NeilM

#10 Re: FTP900

Sat May 16, 2015 6:18 pm

The loss of the massive muzzle brake means that the point of balance is now back under the action, just where I like it.

I'm not too sure about the aesthetics of the air stripper, but if it proves itself on the zero range, then that's what it's all about.

I may look into a Ti air tube at some point, but right now I need to get practicing if I am to produce any worthwhile scores this season.

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”