Anschutz 9015 ONE - World's 1st Field Target conversion

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Anschutz 9015 ONE - World's 1st Field Target conversion

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:40 pm

Master Moder Extraordinaire: the "Guru" - Mr. Jon Harris (UK)

Posted on behalf of my mate > Credit: OldTanky

Vendor: our Dutch friends in the Netherlands (highly recommended)

"After getting over the first look at the rifle, and getting my head around the infinite adjustments on everything, shouldering the rifle was a little bit of a surprise as it's lighter than my Fwb P800X by some 5 ounces.

Whilst the but hook looks cool, it's not the best, and I will change it fairly soon, not saying it's bad, it just don't feel 100% right.
Now to the cheek piece, or lack of cheep piece, you find yourself resting your cheek bone on it rather than the side of you cheek just touching it, but you do find that you end up with your cheek in the exact same spot every time, which is a good thing.

More balance weights on there than you know what to do with, endless combinations to suit every shooter.
It was an easy job to set up, made that much easier, because of the great job Jon Harris did for me with the conversion and pimpy bits.
I personally think the trigger is absolutely fantastic, again adjustable in just about everything, so much feel to it.
Cocking and loading are simplicity itself.

Pellets used in my trial were JSB Exact Express, and WOW the rifle and pellets work together like a dream.
I have now put some 300 pellets through it with no problems.

Jon, has made the scope rail in such a manner, that I can slacken the screws, slide the rail off complete with scope, so I can replace the diopter sights for open sight target shooting.Replacing the rail and scope with NO shift in zero.

To the front of the Carbon Kevlar tube you can see a special device Jon made for me so I can mount a bipod, again one screw and the whole thing comes off.
I thought the hamster might not have enough drop on it for me, but it is fine, and comfortable once adjusted properly.

Now, to the shooting, I found it very accurate, and a very easy rifle to get on with, it's frugal with air, I was getting 180 good shots with a 200 bar fill.
Furthest distance I have shot is 80 yards, with first time excellent results of the bipod.

Still have to do some fine adjustments to the whole rig. But first impressions, I like it, I like it a lot. "

--------------------
DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0028.JPG
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0031.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0039.JPG
DSC_0040.JPG
DSC_0041.JPG
DSC_0042.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG
DSC_0046.JPG
DSC_0047.JPG
DSC_0048.JPG
DSC_0049.JPG
DSC_0050.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#2 Re: Anschutz 9015 ONE - World's 1st Field Target conversion

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:09 pm

Its 12 months Bri still got it or did you leave it in Scandinavia.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#3 Re: Anschutz 9015 ONE - World's 1st Field Target conversio

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:25 am

Still got it , off to Norway weekend after next with it, to do ultra long range, finding it to be one of those ultra reliable ,consistent rifles that are few and far between , getting really good groupings at 80 yards , at a hundred yards getting average groupings , but that's the shooter not the rifle, the shooter requires a good coach.
20 tins gone through it now, and no hiccups at all, not sure why some people are getting grief with there's , leave the ferking things alone , stop poncing about with a rifle that doesn't need any poncing with, and you'll be fine, prime example is the young lady shooting here's in the UK , no problem , go girl.
I have had some interested parties contacting me looking to buy it , with some very tempting offers , so it will be sold to make way for the next project.
Has any else one noticed how dark the 8-80 March gets at over 50 mag ?.
Might well be my last comp abroad, I don't know how much of this is true, but talking to some one in the know ( border/customs )
It is very likely that taking your Airgun abroad in the near future is going to get extremely complicated ,and mega expensive with `Brexit .
Ben.
Alpazen
Where: Lac Léman

#4 Re: Anschutz 9015 ONE - World's 1st Field Target conversion

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi Ben

For the March scope I'm very pleased until x60, after it's true that it darkens.. :P

But, in FT competition my preference is always x50, at this magnification is the paradise to find well hidden targets deep in the woods !! :mrgreen:
Jon

#5 Re: Anschutz 9015 ONE - World's 1st Field Target conversion

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:27 pm

First March 80 I had was ok until 58mag then went darker but still usable in what others say is dark places.
Prefer the 10-60 better all round scope.
BenGun

#6 Re: Anschutz 9015 ONE - World's 1st Field Target conversion

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:36 pm

For those interested , im getting better scores that in the photo of the targets above.
Ben.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#7 Re: Anschutz 9015 ONE - World's 1st Field Target conversion

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:41 pm

BenGun wrote:For those interested , im getting better scores that in the photo of the targets above.
Ben.
We definitely want to see some groupings and the scope on her when you have a chance to show a picture in the Norway landscape ;)
Jon

#8 Re: Anschutz 9015 ONE - World's 1st Field Target conversion

Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Been doing a bit of informal BR last two months, can be so frustrating yet look so easy. Last four been with the blue JH Anchutz 9015 One and silver T50 will post piccies of in two weeks minus the Gemini and rowan. See last shot go left, next shot aim off and goes straight and so on good fun and gaining momentum the way we do it.
Will have to do an 100 yard shortly no wind flags, nothing.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#9 Re: Anschutz 9015 ONE - World's 1st Field Target conversion

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:16 pm

:o Bench rest ?

Nice one Jon.

Look forward to the pics & kit
BenGun

#10 Re: Anschutz 9015 ONE - World's 1st Field Target conversion

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:19 pm

It's not as easy as most people think , I think we should see more of it , especially long range.
I bet you have a great time doing 80 & 100 yards Jon.
It's finding places to do it.
The more challenging you can make it the better, exactly as you plan on doing no flags , just using your senses , looking properly on what's going on around you.
Have fun mate , it's a brilliant sport.
Ben.

Return to “Anschütz”