Crosman Mk1, Mk2

Po
PolarWolf

#1 Crosman Mk1, Mk2

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Aside from airrifles, I like (some) pistols too. Especially the old Crosman Mk1 and Mk2 series pistols. I wish they'd still make them like that! The build quality is superb, the handle well and don't feel like a toy like most air pistols do. But, I can't leave standard alone, so I have to modify them :)

The first attempt into modding a Crosman Mk2 is shown here. And of course I went over the top :)

First I made an an adapter to fit a silencer (that word is allowed here, right?). It screws in place of the standard barrel retaining screw. Next, I made a couple of wood grip plates. Then I needed a sight, so I hacked a couple of bits up and remade the bits into a clamp mount to go around the gun's body.

I will post my next try at modding a Crosman Mk1 later as I don't have the pictures on this computer, they're 1800km south from here :) But hey, at least it leaves me something to post later...

Anyway, this is the end result.
Attachments
mk2-fulldress1.jpg
Completed Crosman Mk2 #1
mk2-fulldress2.jpg
Completed Crosman Mk2 #2
adapter.jpg
Muzzle adapter 1/2 UNF
complete11mm.jpg
Clamp mount, 11mm
complete20mm.jpg
Clamp mount, 22mm
Po
PolarWolf

#2 Re: Crosman Mk1, Mk2

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Oh lookie, I found a picture of my Mk1 anyway.

It looks a bit..uhm..."different" than what you get out of the box. Basically the standard barrel shroud has been cut down, an adapter with a thread has been fitted around the base of the barrel and the new straight shroud screws onto that. The muzzle end of the barrel falls into a baffle to keep it straight. I've glass blasted the whole thing, and I'm still (even after a couple of months) considering what to do with it...keep it as is or slap a coating on it.

I also put a strip of picatinny on top to make it easy to fit a dot sight. The sight pictured has been replaced by a silver one :)

I've got two versions of it, a long and a short one.
Attachments
PICT0083-small.jpg
Crosman Mk1, custom, short version
PICT0086-small.jpg
Crosman Mk1, custom, long version
JE
JEV

#3 Re: Crosman Mk1, Mk2

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Nice pistols, where do you get them from as I have never seen one before.
Po
PolarWolf

#4 Re: Crosman Mk1, Mk2

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:42 pm

JEV wrote:Nice pistols, where do you get them from as I have never seen one before.
These pistols are considered vintage. They were available locally here in the late 70's and 80's of last centuries. Every now and then one comes on the market. I've three of them now, but had more in the past. In the USA there are more of them, but a lot are being converted to [url=http://www.mac1airgun.com%/ldpistol.html]"LD Pistols"[/url]

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”