TSAR - who has TRIGGER pics of previous versus NEW ?

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 TSAR - who has TRIGGER pics of previous versus NEW ?

Wed May 10, 2017 6:12 pm

...if anyone is able to post the previous 3 versus NEW 5 pin trigger pictures - this would be most appreciated...

Daystate (via email & edited) says:

"...The first batch of Tsars had the ‘original style’ trigger all of these were dispatched before Christmas so the chances are all of these have now been sold.

We cannot advise which serial numbers had which triggers, but as I said I would imagine that the majority of the original ones have now been sold.

All rifles that were dispatched after this initial batch had the ‘new style’ trigger..."

...really annoying they won't say..or simply dont know from what serial number the new batch start...
Norfolkngood
Go to Rifle: Weihrauch
Where: Hopton on Sea

#2 Re: TSAR - who has TRIGGER pics of previous versus NEW ?

Wed May 10, 2017 9:28 pm

If they are an ISO 9000 registered company I would have thought they should have full traceability back to source for the products they send out but maybe as they were the first batch and were possibly not made in the UK factory then they would not know what went in to each individual rifle hence the vagueness . This is what can happen with "rebadging".
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#3 Re: TSAR - who has TRIGGER pics of previous versus NEW ?

Sun May 14, 2017 10:56 pm

anyone ever experienced this type of an answer from a brick wall ? :? :roll:

"...Thank you for your email.

The Serial numbers for the Tsars do not run in numerical order, so providing a list of which serial numbers have which triggers would be an extremely time consuming task.

However, if you ask the retailer to contact us with the serial number then we will gladly provide the necessary information on the trigger..."

ISO 9000 :?: :lol:
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#4 Re: TSAR - who has TRIGGER pics of previous versus NEW ?

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 pm

credit: Knockedover

"Here the two sear arrangements I've come across so far on the Tsar. I've been informed the top pic is a mk2 version. It had formed burrs big enough to not allow the hammer forward when the trigger was pulled and left the gun cocked and hanging on nothing but the burr!! Very dodgy. A bit of polishing with fine wet and dry and a few tweaks to the awful setting made it function properly again"
Attachments
2lb2lc1.jpg
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#5 Re: TSAR - who has TRIGGER pics of previous versus NEW ?

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:36 pm

I am stunned anyone with basic engineering sense can see the major problem there.
Not going to spell it out why, lets just say the originators Gamo, ASI, Record units, AA copied Record units, BSA and Anchutz do it much better and understand how things work.

When consider the rifle was dearer than a modded Anchutz 9015 with the current best trigger in the business.
Opposite way round this taken in August 2015.

Photo shopped image from some where, current Anchutz issue, leap years ahead.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
Sven
Go to Rifle: Anschutz, Walther, ATOM
Where: Arnhem

#6 Re: TSAR - who has TRIGGER pics of previous versus NEW ?

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:10 pm

My thoughts exactly as Jon's. Major mechanical problem and it is not solved by polishing the trigger sears 😣. The same problem will occur again. Trigger sears not appropriately hardened.

Had a friend that said he had 'polished' his Anschutz smallbore trigger sear some 25 years back, because he thought he could improve it 😁. The trigger was never constant after that. Turned out he had to polish the sear every 1000 rounds because he had gone through the hardened surface. In the end he replaced it with a complete new Anschütz trigger unit, which sat him back a few hundred dutch guilder's.

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”