P800x on the way...

ch
chenglo1

#31 Re: P800x on the way...

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:05 am

Fellas

Alan stands behind his work. I have no reservation about how my gun was modded. His explanations are over my head as I did mention the safety of the reg extension and how its secured. The reg has been modified extensively along with most of the action. The barrel is indeed free floated and yes stabilizer taken care of.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#32 Re: P800x on the way...

Sat May 03, 2014 10:45 pm

chenglo1 wrote:Unfortunately the reg is only stable IF i do not remove the air cylinder.

There lies your answer as to the integrity of whats been done, the easy way of just inserting a packer between reg and action.

Not to mention knocking it, the constant pressure fluctuations throughout the charge and the temp changes affecting that cradle which will push the cylinder off.
From -6 to 8 degrees you will see 3/8" zero shift at 14 yards, the FT when eventually comes out will be the same!

Standard screws 4 off M3X25 Unscrewing cylinder even with these the screws twist in the enlarged 3.2 dia holes. So when using M3 longer screws as has been done they are flexing even more and you will never ever get the packer tight against the action, screws stress and elongate. Anything over M3X30 I would not entertain, been there done it seen what happens. At best M3X40 used! Packer takes around 8 times quicker than doing it properly the safe way in three pieces.

All seven so far retain stabilisor and get at least 90 to 120 shots dead to shoot.

Rail forget it putting it mildly.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#33 Re: P800x on the way...

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:52 pm

...recent picture find of the USA Guru ; Credit - from Chenglo's FB acct.
Attachments
AZ & Chenglo.jpg
Allen Z. & Chenglo - circa 2016

Return to “Feinwerkbau”