P800x on the way...

Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#11 Re: P800x on the way...

Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:38 pm

I am sure he will work out all required if quarter as good as people say he is.
Cradles only a sniff at what needs doing, an understanding of what actually happens goes a long way in rectification!
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
ch
chenglo1

#12 Re: P800x on the way...

Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:17 pm

Unreal guys...took off the aperture sights to try my march scope...nope...not enough meat on the fwb dovetails for my kelbly mounts. Put the old nikko on with bkl rings...not bad but just doesnt look as nice as the silver march...

Did I mention p800 came in a nice case big enough to actually fit the rifle without dismantling it... doubt I would use the case much as I prefer my pelican cases.
ch
chenglo1

#13 picture

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:58 am

Jon and other owners, did you guys chop the barrel sleeve down or what? took off the front sight riser setup and was i surprised to see how long it still is. I can not imagine how long the FT version would be. Sorry busy working and lots of daddy duties so only a quick shot for you all. If only that second March would have fit! certainly look nicer than whats on there now...OH i did fire like 10 rounds of some vogel 4.52 mm pellets that i had left over from when i had the Steyr LP 50. I have to say that it was a pleasure to shoot.

Cheng
Attachments
Chenglo Fwb800.jpg
Co
Conor

#14 Re: P800x on the way...

Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:20 am

Someone really does need to show that lady how to take a kneeling shot properly! :D
Get a rail made to specifically fit your dovetails on the FWB ;)
hu
huey-pilot

#15 Re: P800x on the way...

Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:34 am

I purchased a P800X last summer and am interested in upping the power to 12 fpe. I removed the regulator to measure for longer screws for the extension and now have those on hand, I believe that I read in the forums that a 26 mm longer air chamber might work. When I had it apart I made some small adjustments on the firing pin screw and was able to increase my JSB 7.33 velocity from 560 to 655 fps, I need to get about 850 fps for 12 fpe. I am comfortable in machining the extension but I am not sure if that's all that I need to do. I read that Jon may offer a kit that could be purchased and installed by the owner. To install the scope I used the BKL 4 inch Weaver adapter and cut it so I could mount 2 3/4 inches of it behind the loading chamber and 1 1/4 inches in front of the chamber, and installed Burris Signature Zee rings. Seems to be a secure set up even with the tiny FWB dovetails. Any suggestions in this endeavor would be appreciated.
ch
chenglo1

#16 Re: P800x on the way...

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:58 am

Huey,

you should read the thread on here thats 14 pages long: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=849

it will shed light on many things.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#17 Re: P800x on the way...

Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Huey sorry that's what I was trying to avoid others doing, its an accident awaiting to happen.
Far easier that method and have tried several different lengths. Think logically 4 off M3X60 Cap head screws holding reg extension, reg, cylinder, constant pressure changes and knocks, not to mention unscrewing the cylinder will cause metal fatigue.
You owe not to yourself but others around you.

See what you mean David, shame.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
airfreak
Go to Rifle: walther
Where: Panagitsa,Edessa

#18 Re: P800x on the way...

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:14 am

AdminMASTER wrote:
chenglo1 wrote:What kind of butt plates are on some of the molded ones here? Hopefully not all custom too!
These are UK Made butt plates and are supposedly (UK saying) "The Dog's Bollox" (ie: Top Stuff !) > SYSTEM GEMINI by HPS Target Rifles Ltd.

From here: http://www.hps-tr.com/plates.asp

or a variety to see pics from a reseller to get an idea of pricing :shock: : http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Buttplates.html
I think that gemini buttplates are made by; http://rifle-maker.com/about-us
i spoke with HPS and said to me that they will not have for sale these products any more!!!
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#19 Re: P800x on the way...

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:33 am

Thanks airfreak for the update; my mistake...not made by 'HPS'

System GEMINI is made by >> Mr. Robert Knibbs which is indeed: http://rifle-maker.com/system-gemini

Robert Nibbs Rifle-Maker Ltd.
PO Box 441
Tonbridge
Kent TN9 9DZ
UK

Tel: +44 (0) 845 880 3222
email: info@rifle-maker.com
Attachments
Offset-Plate-on-Free-Rifle-Buttplate-2.jpg
FRBP-Standing-Setup1.jpg
ch
chenglo1

#20 Re: P800x on the way...

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Hey guys. How many shots per fill are you getting with your modded p800's? Be great to get an idea of what to shoot for (pun intended).

Return to “Feinwerkbau”