P800x on the way...

ch
chenglo1

#1 P800x on the way...

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:25 am

I ordered a P800x and hope to have it modded to 12 fpe in the near future. New March 8-80 in silver already here waiting for her. Thanks to this forum and it's contributors for so much information on the P800. Without this place, i would not have moved forward with my latest purchase. The threads here about succesfully modifying the 10m P800 gave hope that it can and WILL be done. "If man made it, man can.."...modify it! Will post pics when she gets here albeit in her 10m form.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#2 Re: P800x on the way...

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:42 am

Congrats !

I think this would be the 2nd Power Modded Fwb800 in the US...
ch
chenglo1

#3 Re: P800x on the way...

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:44 pm

What kind of butt plates are on some of the molded ones here? Hopefully not all custom too!
ch
chris91

#4 Re: P800x on the way...

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:16 am

you can't have directly the 800FT (12fpe) model with the 24 inch barrel in the USA?
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#5 Re: P800x on the way...

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:46 pm

chenglo1 wrote:What kind of butt plates are on some of the molded ones here? Hopefully not all custom too!
These are UK Made butt plates and are supposedly (UK saying) "The Dog's Bollox" (ie: Top Stuff !) > SYSTEM GEMINI by HPS Target Rifles Ltd.

From here: http://www.hps-tr.com/plates.asp

or a variety to see pics from a reseller to get an idea of pricing :shock: : http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Buttplates.html
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#6 Re: P800x on the way...

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:49 pm

chris91 wrote:you can't have directly the 800FT (12fpe) model with the 24 inch barrel in the USA?
I think Chenglo1 isnt convinced from Jon's feedback here on the forum , about the OEM 20.4J Fwb800 FT model with long steel sleeved barrel.

As Jon has said, the 10m barrel is (my words) is "bloody brilliant" ; so am assuming no big deal to Power mod. the 10m (7.5J) model to FT power levels in USA by their US custom gunsmith Jon Harris equivalent...Mr. Allen Zasadsny (spelled correct ?)
ch
chenglo1

#7 Re: P800x on the way...

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:53 am

Omg! This has got to be the single most beautiful rifle I have ever laid eyes on. Sorry no pics yet as I just got home from work amd am totally beat! During transit the top of the butt plate broke. Not a huge ordeal as dealer will replace that piece. I just hope she works when I fill her wigh air tomrw. I promise ptrs tomrw evening usa time ofcourse. Now I need ankther pist re pellet choice for this oem 10m barrel and 12 fpe. I am all ears as I need to order asap then have shipped direct to alan zasadny...u were close petee. ;)
ch
chenglo1

#8 Re: P800x on the way...

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:00 am

Chris

Ft model not avail in usa yet. Upon close examination that cradle does have a significant amount of contact with rge barrel. I could see now why jon was so bent on opening her up. Alan will make a custom jig to ream her open; a jib he has done before on other guns bht this is going ti take the cake. For tjose tgat do not know, there is metal frame also contacting the entire bottome of the barrel. So even FT model would need same mod. This gun is going to be the first P800AZ. im keeping fingers crossed that it will be able to compete with my steyr if not beat it!
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#9 Re: P800x on the way...

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Told you Cheng, you wont ream it it will torque steer off and scrap the cradle.
First thing upon receipt is take the mod out and see if its safe.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
ch
chenglo1

#10 Re: P800x on the way...

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Jon,

sorry "ream" was just my simple way of saying things because ofcourse i don't have any background in machining. I'm pretty confident that Alan would know how to properly open up the cradle once he examines it. However, Would you care to share the proper method on here or in a PM so i can tell a little birdie to pass it along? I think many machinists or artists would not appreciate how to do their work but If one has ever spoken to Alan, he is definiately easy to talk to and unlikely to take offense. It would be a nightmare to need to order a new stock!!!

Return to “Feinwerkbau”