P800x on the way...

Steve
Go to Rifle: Walther
Where: Bolton

#21 Re: P800x on the way...

Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:42 pm

Mines about 1 bar per shot approx,fill to 190 half a dozen on the plinker before a 40 shot comp,few fired off for stoppages,next time I fill its at around 130-140 bar,but to be honest I don't take that much notice.
ch
chenglo1

#22 Re: P800x on the way...

Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:37 pm

thx Steve. I would have thought more shots as my Steyr at 19 fpe gives 60 shots before i NEED to fill. During a match, I fill at 40 - 45 shots to be on the safe side though.
ch
chenglo1

#23 Re: P800x on the way...

Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:58 am

Anyone else willing to share how many shots per fill they are getting with their modded p800??? C'mon hopefully those owners actually did some chrony tests when they got these fine beauties home! i know thats one of the first things i do when i get a gun. I fire up the chrony and excel spreadsheet. That way i know what is happening from shot to shot OR if the gun has some issues. Nuff said...thanks in advance. just need to know what to expect when my gun makes its way back home!!!
ch
chenglo1

#24 Re: P800x on the way...

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi fellas,

Long time no post. I'm glad to see more action on the FWB threads here. I'm also glad to see that FWB will finally be releasing an OEM FT version. sounds like More mods will still be needed though. Sad as one should not need to do so at 3300 USD. I wanted to share and update you guys on the status of my P800 AZ mod. It's been near 5 months and I finally got word that she is almost finished. Alan met a roadblock trying to get 12 fpe efficiently. He obtained it with his first try (reg extension and opening up a hole here and there (scary). BUT he was only getting 35 shots at best from a full 200 BAR fill. Fast forward 4 months: Now getting 120 shots at 11.5 fpe and probably 100 at 12 fpe depending on pellet beings used. So far getting 3/8 inch groups with just about any pellet (unsorted) at 50 yards in the hands of Alan Z outdoors on calm day. The barrel sleeve has been shortened and flip compensator has been added. Unfortunately the reg is only stable IF i do not remove the air cylinder. Therefore, the only way the gun will behave as above is IF a quick fill is added. I no longer have the OEM pressure gauge and will have to count my shots during a match and pray there will not be any air leaks. Gun is going through final steps (leak down test) and moderator build (for late night practice inside) then be shipped back home!!! I can not wait! I asked how my P800 compares to my steyr's that he's built for me in past and his response is that the feel or movement of the gun is similar if not better NOW. before mods, it was horrible as in too much flip going on. We shall see. I did get a couple of pictures from Alan but will need to figure how to get from phone to computer to here. hope to be able to take my own pictures to post soon fellas! Cheers!
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#25 Re: P800x on the way...

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:13 am

Thanks for update Chenglo.

We look forward to the pics & March scope set up, and some further updates.

ATB
8-)

PS: Get 1 of these from Mick Tromans > viewtopic.php?f=213&t=869
Attachments
DSC_0362.jpg
DSC_0363.jpg
DSC_0364.jpg
DSC_0365.jpg
DSC_0366.jpg
ch
chenglo1

#26 Re: P800x on the way...

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:46 am

That cylinder looks fantastic. I would love to get my hands on an extended cylinder for sure. For now, I think 100 or so shots is plenty. I just spoke to Alan today and my P800x is ready to be picked up or delivered. Considering I only live a mere 3 hours away I insisted on driving out and picking up in person. I figured I would avoid any chances of UPS issues. I would also get to see first hand how the gun is supposed to shoot b4 I bring it home. Alan mentioned that there have not been as much temperature swings to check of POI shifts but as far as he could tell, it was non existent from 40 F to 84 F in the last 2 weeks. Also no signs of air leaks between that time. In addition to the flip comp he made for me, a moderator was also built for late night basement practicing on my short indoor range. I will apologize in advance in that my next couple of weeks will be terribly busy and I may not be able to post any pictures. BTW, Alan will not be making a rail riser for this gun. I did not want to delay my gun making it back anymore than the almost 6 months she's been gone. Hence, I have someone else working on a matching riser for the P800 along with my old P70FT. The March most likely will NOT be mounted in the next month or so on the P800. Unless, Jon were to come to the rescue and ship this poor boy a Harris Riser in the next few days... hint hint... Cheers fellas!
ch
chenglo1

#27 Re: P800x on the way...

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:50 am

One more thing: Alan had in his possession an EV2, LG110FT, Anschutz (cant recall) and my p800x. He did not mention if the other guns were modified yet but without a doubt says the current state of the P800x is easier to shoot and more accurate than all of them. This means a lot coming from the guy who has modified just about every 10m airgun out there. Wells lots of non-10m ones too I suppose. Needless to say, I am anxious to see what she can do!
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#28 Re: P800x on the way...

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Thanks for the update. We look forward to seeing what the other 'Guru' across the pond from UK has done to the Fwb 800 AZ Mod.

8-)
ch
chenglo1

#29 Re: P800x on the way...

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:42 am

Sorry no pics to share yet. I literally picked up my beloved p800AZ, brought her home and hopped on a plane. Allen and I went through the gun together before I left though. She really does get 100 shots at 12 fpe. The next 20 are still reliable but velocity starts to decline. A flip comp and moderator were both created and are equally accurate. I may settle for ghe flip comp as I prefer the shorter oal of 37.5 in. On the other hand yhe AZ Moderator is truly remarkable with how quiet it is. The gun feels lighter than both my p70ftAZ and LG110FTAZ. Ill measure when I return home in a few days. In conclusion this is the sexiest looking gun I have ever laid eyes and hands on. Period.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#30 Re: P800x on the way...

Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Sorry Cheng as said repeatedly, do it right or not at all.
The way that's done is the easy cheaper unsafe way, an accident awaiting to happen which will never hold zero no matter what cylinder is on it. The screws are stressing as said repeatedly, you cannot with those length screws used tighten up the reg and extention, theres always movement. To give you a simplistic idea when screwing in two screws 180 degrees apart, what happens when you put a lever inbetween, they bend and or stress, common sense.
I suspect since you can see visibly theres a too large a hole for the screws enabling even more twist, even M3X35 will be dodgy over time yet alone M3X60 absolutey ludicrous, every knock, pressure discharge or unscrewing the tube twists and stresses those 4 M3 cap head screws as in metal fatigue and the reg and extention. Quick fill wont make a scrap of difference.

Quite easy to check zero shift and first thing I did two years ago. I know what moves and when. You will see the stock bend like a banana with minimal temp shift yet alone 90 degrees spread, the cradle needs machining out. From memory at 19 yards you will see 3/8" drop throughout 20 degrees.
If you think its scary with the block mods which is quite straight forward, the cradles are a bitch to do and scary.

Take it the stabilisors been modded as well?
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.

Return to “Feinwerkbau”