Hammerli LG450 - Barrel Accuracy ?

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Hammerli LG450 - Barrel Accuracy ?

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:48 pm

I know the gun is discontinued - flaw in cocking mech. which once broken - can never ever be fixed (as I recall something like that)

But does anyone recall or know how good or average , or outstanding the barrels are ? and who made them ?

I just bid Euro50 (£30.00) for a broken Ham450 action with the idea- am just buying the barrel for an...experiment...rest will be scrapped or used as paperweight :lol:
Attachments
Hamm450.jpg
Hamm450 - 2.jpg
spartan
Go to Rifle: isp spartan, airstre
Where: walsall

#2 Re: Hammerli LG450 - Barrel Accuracy ?

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:55 pm

I used to fit hammerli barrels years ago on my early airstreams, i bought about 6 actions and cut the barrels off. They were very accurate with bisley magnums, not quite as good with crosman prems, could not comment with jsbs etc as they were not around then. Dont know if hammerli made the barrels themselves or they were bought in.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#3 Re: Hammerli LG450 - Barrel Accuracy ?

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Had one of them barrels off Shaun in 92 fitted to my ole JB Titan MS020 well what was left of it then on first rifle made, supposedly crap then figured they are pellet specific.
Just to confirm the accuracy off those barrels are by far the best I have ever encountered by a long way. My own Anchutz with best batch of pellets then weighed and sized will only leave 8mm group at 50.
They will only take Bis Mags 4.52 when they were good, straight out tin not leave a .22 size hole repetitively at 55 and 60 yards. Feed it Crossman heavy or light., disgusting same with all the other pellets back then.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”