RAW TM1000 - Issue & problems on First batch...

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 RAW TM1000 - Issue & problems on First batch...

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:00 am

Credit: kazzz (USA)

http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewto ... &start=180

he says: " I would not go with the TM1000. My friend has one (one of the first batch I'll have to say) but in .22 to shoot competition with and.. it's very disappointing. The inertia spring broke now for the 3th time after 300 shots. It will not fill anymore and.. Our guess is that the gun is only tested at 50 yards / .20 cal. There was never a test (as Martin told us) at 100m in .20 or .22! "
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#2 Re: RAW TM1000 - Issue & problems on First batch...

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:58 pm

OK, found the source : http://www.airheadsofmaine.com/blog/201 ... oblem.aspx

Credit: Bill Day: Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:50 AM

"About a month ago I noticed the TM was not grouping as well as it use to at longer distances. From 10 yards to 40 yards it was almost always one hole but over 40 yards I noticed my groups were opening up. At first I thought the wind was playing with my groups so I didn't get too concerned. About two weeks later I got up earky to beat the wind and soon discovered my pellets would no longer group that well at 50 yards. Always seemed to get at least one or two shots out of 5 that was 1 " + lower than the others. Decided to chronograph it and discovered not only was my fps distribution spreading out but every 4 or 5 shots one pellet would drop 30 to 40 fps. Called up Martin at RAW and he explained that he thought it sounded like a iniertia spring issue. Explained that on earlier models some of the springs would break and cause this problem. he said he would get me out one right away. Well, its Thursday July 5th and Friday morning I was headed to the Crossman event so I started working on my HW100 that still had a slow leak. After a couple hours I seem to of found the leak problem and (Knock on wood) and I thought it may of been fixed. Anyway, I shot it a few times and it seemed to be working great. Filled it to 200 Bar before I went to bed and low and behold it was still on 200 bar the next morning. Anyway, when I returned from the weekend shoot the package from Martin was waiting for me. By the end of the day I was caught up on my yard work and decided to pop that TM1000 apart and see what was going on. After removing the hammersprings (2) and nylon poppet I found the culprit that martin called the inertia spring. It was squashed and mangled on the steel poppet as shown above. This is a small part about 3/4" long that a fine compression spring resides on. I think the new spring a about 1 1/2" long and I should of taken pics of it but gotit back together before I realized I had cured my problem. Seens to be shooting the way it use and I want to Thank Martin and the crew at RAW for getting me back on track. Hopefully, my problems are behind me. "
Attachments
0_0_0_0_250_141_csupload_47358225_large.jpg
0_0_0_0_250_141_csupload_47358565_large.jpg

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”