Harold Rushton Review of his TM1000

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Harold Rushton Review of his TM1000

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:38 pm

Credit: Harold Rushton (USA) & Former FT World Champ

" Martin Rutterford has created another masterpiece! I have been talking with Martin about a TM1000 for some time now. I finally placed the order a few weeks ago, and Martin called to tell me that my rifle was ready. So, I picked up my rifle after work one day last week and took it straight to the range to begin testing.

My rifle is sporting a grey laminate stock. It is a 12 fpe version that is set up for WFTF Division. I will also be getting one of Martin's nice adjustable knee risers to match the laminate stock. This is a truely awesome and complete Field Target rig!

I mounted one of my Leupold Competition 35x scopes using B-Square Weaver to Dovetail adaptors, and Leupold Quick Release low mounts. The alignment was spot on for me, and I didn't have any adjustments, shimming or other tinkering to do to the scope.

I initially set up paper targets at 15 and 25 yards. This was just to get a start with my scope. It only took a few shots to bring the pellets into one hole at 15 yards. So, I then moved on to 25 yards. Once again, with a little bit of minor adjusting, I had nice tight groups at 25 yards. I next measured out 50 yards and set up another paper target there. With an addition of 32 clicks from my zero point, the TM1000 was dropping pellets spot on. I shot a few groups that looked very good, then spent a few minutes really taking my time on a 5 shot group. I achieved a nice tight group which I posted a picture of below.

I am planning to ad a target type of butt plate to the rifle soon. It will likely be something similar to, if not exactly like what I have on my EV-2. I like the way those target buttplates fit my shoulder when holding the rifle. So, I think that will be nice addition to the rifle.

Now I have measured my scope height, entered all of my data into the computer and I have a complete ballistics chart for the scope. I hope to find time this weekend to go out and shoot all of the major yardages to verify or tweak my scope numbers. Once that is done, this beauty will be ready for the next Field Target match.

Take care,

Harold Rushton
USA"

and...

... "Thanks for your questions.

No, the stock is NOT a Gary Cane stock. It is a RAW TM1000 factory stock. The standard version is made of select walnut. Mine is a special edition made of laminate. It's hard to see, but it has a really nicely stippled grip area that is anatomically fitted to the fingers and hand. They also have a version of the stock that has a smaller grip area, and allows the fingers to fall closer to the trigger. I think it is closer to the feel of an EV2 stock.

The 12ft lbs and Carbon shrouded versions both have 19" barrels. The 20 fpe and higher version rifles with stainless shroud use a 23 1/2" barrel.
Yes, Walther barrels are standard. The weight of the walnut CF version is approx 9lb and the high velocity with stainless is near 11lb. My laminate stock rifle has not been weighed yet. So, not sure about it's weight yet.

If you are interested in a rifle, just contact Martin at: Martin@rapidairweapons.com

Take care,

Harold Rushton"
Attachments
38dbb0f8.jpg
dd2c14a0.jpg
9468f288.jpg
8e397025.jpg
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#2 Re: Harold Rushton Review of his TM1000

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:41 pm

The reigning US national champ has veered away from one of those, mainly due to it being way too slow as at two decades ago technology.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
Ma
MarcKA

#3 Re: Harold Rushton Review of his TM1000

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Whats that about Jon?

Looks Nice on the Outside, wonder what it's like on the Inside?
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#4 Re: Harold Rushton Review of his TM1000

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:23 am

Its a Rapid at the end of the day. Monstrous stroke, the P70 has at least 4 times less at 3.5mm.
Other than ok.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
Ma
MarcKA

#5 Re: Harold Rushton Review of his TM1000

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:42 am

Holy Jesus.. That's quite a bit :D

Pull the Trigger and 2 Seconds later it fires? :) But looks the Nuts! Nice wooden Stock.

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”