Steyr LG110 LONG Vs. LG110 SHORT Review - by TxemaD

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Steyr LG110 LONG Vs. LG110 SHORT Review - by TxemaD

Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Credit: http://airecomprimido.net/portal/module ... 3&start=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Author: TxemaD (SP)

Google Translator: Spanish > English

"Well folks, if a couple of days ago I asked about the feelings of the owners of the new Steyr today and I can tell things from her, not because I have gone mad this morning, but because two of the first owners they have been taken this morning at La Cabrera (Madrid) and we've been seeing, tasting, comparing .... the lucky owners are Rolan00 and Ruben, thank you both for letting us groping your "girls."

As they say the first impression is what counts, nothing else I opened the suitcase to get Ruben to see that I was, and has been this:

So leave the factory (without the Leupold, of course), I ask Ruben, the owner, who has removed the display and say "it can not be mounted," oh, the Steyr blunder, if already a suitcase that brought the previous model was a toy and not worth at all, have turned to shit with the new case, and that the Leupold is not great and was not large parallax wheel (it even has a companion not mounted) if we put him a big Nikko, a Falcon or something bigger .... there is no room for kidding.

You begin to see details and notice that the instruction book that brings, is the same as the previous version, probably without changing a comma, the truth is I've looked over.

Still looking at stuff and see that the recoil made ​​a hole and have placed a two prisoners hook. Pray that fit properly attached to your body because you can not regulate in any way, all you can do is move the top hook forward or backward. I think a weapon of this level and amount, should bring some more in the hook regulation, and certainly the people that he was not fitting well dispense with it. A simple screw in the middle, would be enough.

In the next image, you can see external changes over the previous version (if we remove the hook and hamster), practically non-existent, only that instead of putting Sportwaffen Steyr, Steyr now only puts Sport.

Soon after, seasoned Steyr owners of previous versions (Xaloc and Josef), lent a hand to the new owner to the first charge, because the man had neither the adapter to 300 bar, all beginnings are best to help:

We drove to the downtown area, because of course if you do not hit shots with a new rifle, you do not know if it works or not, you know what we all like to shoot with the rifle from another, but even if a new model and know that there are only 7 in Spain.

Some tell me that comparisons are odious, I know, but the truth I could not resist putting my Steyr with the new and take some pictures, which is called a "back and forth", ha, ha, ha ..... This is from Roland, who happens to carry it into the same display on the one hand:

and on the other:

If you remove the mushroom and Raber, the only noticeable difference is the greater length of the canyon, the prolongation of the box and the bottle longer.

Incidentally, this if we interest to all owners of the previous version: the new bottle longer, it perfectly for the previous version, worth € 205 (the previous € 190 worth) and can estimate that for about 30 more shots and that its capacity is 280 cc, does not put anything in the same respect (Austrian write these odd ......)

With the Rolan00 there was no problem, has been taking the curb, the paralax, etc. and had to go soon, so we could not tinker with what we would have liked, ha, ha .....

So we are left only with Ruben. Your new display also had to get Leupold curve, parallax ..... and once the ritual has been erected, leveled, and so on. came the first shock of the day, groups were not available and started the speculations that if the gun twisted, than if the viewer have the wrong lens, if the parallax is from 10 m. and to 9m. is blurry, if you try to see out that Put him on my to see this ..... and so the morning has passed, until someone has said that airstripper that brings a work of engineering, has holes in the cones up front to back, with the fall of the cone (not like the Xaloc for example, that are from side to side).

And I, to annoy, I said I like the Xaloc, which were more than tried and I have the certainty that I did not change the point of impact, whether or not I put what I do.

Time has failed to Joseph to say that he took it off and see what happened because I was until very same that every shot will go to a site.
Oh my God! Has been removed and start grouping like a sewing machine, it did not matter the distance that tirases, not to monoagujeros somo shooters lot because, unlike others that make monoagujeros with any rifle, but if some very small peanuts ....

From there we deduced that there was a problem with the rifle airstripper. We dismantled the Xaloc of mine, I have mounted the new Steyr, and peanuts have been reduced, but the point of impact has not moved a hair.

We've been circling the airstripper (which incidentally, I have not said that bringing the two cones come with screws to move and move a little lengthwise) and have seen that a section of the inside of it was scratched, as 20 minutes of clock, and the rest was spotless.

That is why the pellet are not grouped, when you shoot and the pellet leaves turning, the cone touches and changes the trajectory of the same, so each pellet was where it wanted. We have come to the conclusion that the exit hole of the pellet is very small, but judge for yourselves:

I think the extra distance is minimal, do not you think?, Would have to get more loose. The small area between the two blue marks, is where you could see the friction of the pellet to exit.

I hope that is a point of failure of this airstripper, which also showed a jump in the black Marterial between the two large holes through it, as if a little "twist" is difficult to explain the picture that I have come wrong, but it is like noticing a jump in a micro-weld, when there is actually one piece, it seems more that have been pressing on the lathe.

To see if other holders, cast an eye on yours and tell us if they noticed the same problem.

I think if you put the airstripper canyon 5.5 to 4.5 do not have any problem of this type, and its function will be exactly the same.

My subjective conclusion of the day?, This is one of the top 5 worldwide FT carbines, although not specifically designed for it, I can not speak mechanically because obviously it's not going to gut the partner on the first day (but one weeks leave us .... ha, ha ...), you have a longer barrel (some already wear the HW loooong time ago), a larger deposit to make more shots and make a better deal weight, one longer hamster and and a longer hook that can not be regulated.

If you haven't got and you want Steyr have it, go ahead, a great machine. If you have the old Steyr, do not sold it because for me are the same. If you want the new deposit by 205 € and win 25-40 more shots per charge (depending your configuration) and better weight distribution will more stable. If you have not hook, all of us know who can manufacture (articulated).

In any case, owners enjoy it and the rest, when let us her owners.

Update: Finally, the airstripper was defective, the Spanish distributor has provided another to mate and seems it all works OK.

The airstripper doesn't manufactured in .22 caliber, only .177, which suggests that the HP version will not have any variation. "

Return to “Steyr Sport”