AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Walther LG400 Blacktec

Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Spotted this here: http://www.ask-iwa.info/index.php5?id=1 ... howProduct

http://www.carl-walther.de/cw.php?lang= ... oduct=1910

Looks 'cheap & cheerful' but nasty pistol grip :? ; Its a 7.5J for 10meter target rifle.

Im wondering if this will be the base for their new OEM 16J Field Target rifle ? (pure speculation on my part); getting rid of excess inventory LG300 modified alu stocks & fitting a LG400 action is not a new product IMHO.

----------

Walther LG400 Blacktec

Good things don’t always have to be expensive: the Walther Match LG400 with individually adjustable aluminium stock for ambitious sport shooters.

LG400 configuration:
Compressed air system for 300 and 200 bar
Pressure reducer with QUICKCLEAN air filter
Dry practice mode
ECO valve technology
VARIO trigger for extremely fine settings
Wide breech with loading status indicator
Ergonomically shaped loading lever can be placed on the left-hand or right-hand side
Universal tool
Lockable plastic gun case

Blacktec equipment package:
Individually adjustable aluminium stock
Grip turnable and relocatable in length
Fore-end adjustable in height and slidable
Cheek-piece and stock length infinitely adjustable
Optionally convertible for right-handers and/or left-handers
T-slot guide for three-position competitions and mounting of bracket for bench rest shooting
Continuous quick-action setting for stock length and cheek piece
Aluminium butt plate SINUS
Steel compressed air cylinder with pressure gauge
BASIC match diopter and fore-sight holder
Low basic weight (approx. 4000 g)
Absorber can be retrofitted
Optional accessories
Aluminium cylinder for juniors
Bracket and diopter raiser blocks for bench rest shooting
Attachments
2803577_1 (1).jpg
2803577_2 (1).jpg
2803577_3 (1).jpg
Sven
Go to Rifle: Anschutz, Walther, ATOM
Where: Arnhem

#2 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:26 pm

I saw a sales price in Germany of 1360 euro for the Blacktec. That is not expensive for a state of the art airrifle (the LG400) in an outdated, but aluminum, stock.
And the old LG300 Alutec stock is not bad at all. Plenty of adjustment and space for adding weights.

I agree that it looks like they are clearing out the LG300 Alutec stocks. But maybe that is not the case and are these are just cheaper to produce and will make the competitor to the aluminum stocked FWB 700 Evolution. Which is in the same price range (1319 euro at Hasselhorst in Germany).
FeinwerkbauMod.700Evolution_1_800.jpg
FeinwerkbauMod.700Evolution_1_800.jpg (17.78 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
Ma
MarcKA

#3 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Has anyone besides the original Designer of the LG400 converted one to 12ft/lbs yet? I assume that it's no Wizardry, just like the LG300?

I'd like to try something else than Feinwerkbau and the Price for the Walther is about right!
Sven

#4 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:24 pm

I just ordered a LG400 in an LG400 Alu stock (so not the Blacktec) last week to start my conversion project to make a 16J Field Target LG400. Will take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. The price difference for the LG400 Economy and the LG400 Blacktec with the LG300 stock is not that big. So I chose the LG400 Alu stock. For very good prices see: http://www.hasselhorst.de/?seite=liefer ... ategorie=6

Spurlos 69 from the Ukraine has done 2 conversions. Jason on here ordered, or tried to order, a complete new design regulator for the LG400 from him.

There is a guy in Estonia (Aron Jalakas) that has one which was converted by the Estonian Walther importer with a LG300 16Joule regulator.
Estonian LG400 Aron Jalakas0034 - .jpg
And a guy (Sighter or Gert) in South Africa has done 2 in the same way (with the LG300 16J reg).
see http://www.airrifle.co.za/threads/36088 ... G300-LG400
I asked him for a drawing of the adapter that is needed to overcome the difference in length between the "pip" on the regulator between the 300 and 400 series. Have not had that yet. The regulator pip that goes into the breechblock is longer on the LG400. So to use an LG300 reg you need a bushing that seals on the valve seat.
So you're right no wizardry there.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Ma
MarcKA

#5 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:37 pm

I'll order one at a different Supplier. However, he hasn't got them in Stock. Will Keep you all updated.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#6 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Sat May 03, 2014 10:55 pm

Doing the bushing way is asking for trouble, you will soon find out.
Its why the early LG200/300 shifted so much, why is it Europeans put up with shifts whereas us Brits wont tolerate.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
Sven

#7 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Fri May 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Jon wrote:Doing the bushing way is asking for trouble, you will soon find out.
Its why the early LG200/300 shifted so much, why is it Europeans put up with shifts whereas us Brits wont tolerate.
Jon, thanks for your reply. I value your responses highly. But can you please elaborate on this? Why would a bushing give shifts? The aluminum bushing is semi free floating between two o-rings and does not touch the valve, valve seal or regulator directly. Any expanding or shrinking by temperature difference will be absorbed by these two o-rings. Also an aluminum bushing will expand or shrink to the same degree as the aluminum breechblock and aluminum regulator housing keeping the stress equal.

The LG200/300 series do not have a bushing. So they cannot suffer from shift by the bushing. I know Nick J. replaced the soft valve seals in the LG300 Dominator by Delrin/POM valve seals and changed the valve from a conical to a flat seating area (which Walther later adopted for their rifles). But nothing about bushings in these rifles.
Co
Conor

#8 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Sat May 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Nick J? As in Nick Jenkinson I'm almost sure he didn't have anything to do with Walther however I do know Nick Murphy redesigned the parts you have mentioned.

What Jon has forgot about engineering Airguns, we will learn and what he doesn't know about them isn't worth knowing.
Sven

#9 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Wed May 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Jon wrote:Doing the bushing way is asking for trouble, you will soon find out.
I tested the temperature sensitivity of the 12 footpound LG400 :
http://airgunaccuracy.wordpress.com/wal ... ture-test/
My conclusion: no POI shift or velocity changes when the temperature changes from 65 to 43 degrees Fahrenheit (18 to 5 Celsius).
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#10 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Wed May 28, 2014 1:23 pm

:o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sven, that's an OTT 'scientific' experiment to make your point

Thanks for the read !

Return to “Walther”