Walther LG400 Blacktec

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#11 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Here's an actual pic of the LG400 Blacktec...set up as a poor man's benchrest air rifle.

Pimping Ideas:

1) Plastic grip - replace with laminate LG300 part (or Walnut made to order by a gunstock maker ?)
2) cheek rest - replace with laminate LG300 part (or Walnut made to order by a gunstock maker ?)
3) Reg 7.5J - replace with 16J LG300 Reg (as modded by Sven > viewtopic.php?f=92&t=1187
4) Hamster / hand rest - LG300 laminate part (or Walnut made to order by a gunstock maker ?) & alu risers
5) CZ barrel (?)
6) Remove barrel band to free float
7) Purchase new Silver Alu Anodized air cylinder to match colour of action
Attachments
LG400blacktec_Auflage_gross.jpg
Sven
Go to Rifle: Anschutz, Walther, ATOM
Where: Arnhem

#12 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:23 am

I would not advice anyone to take the Blacktec as a starting point for a conversion (or even for 10m shooting).
The price difference with the LG400 Alutec Economy is only 280 euros / 225 GBP. For those 280 euros you get the absorber, the wooden pro-touch pistolgrip-hamster-cheeckpiece, the more versatile LG400 Alutec stock with all stainless bolts, an aluminum air cylinder, and most probably an higher resale value (not that you ever would want to sell such a nice rifle :D )
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#13 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:04 am

Good point Sven...

But for some of us, who collect pretty much anything :lol: , and need it for their collection as another "Brand Name, Model XXX" - that would be the route...

...Besides all those spare Walther LG300 parts I mentioned , are currently sitting around doing nothing in my storage of excess inventory & would dress this puppy up quite nicely ;)
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#14 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:00 pm

The absorber don't work at higher power levels.

Ask Mick nicely he will do a proper job
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
De
Delphinus

#15 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:16 pm

Yesterday I talked to Aron Jalakas about his LG400 - an OEM specially made for him at Walther; he is tall like me, as this was a gun that suits him, and he had an interesting point of view about the AirArms 900 :

"Why shoud I buy a gun that was made for somene else, the grip is small with little adjustment and the stock short" :mrgreen:
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#16 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:21 pm

Delphinus wrote:Yesterday I talked to Aron Jalakas about his LG400 - an OEM specially made for him at Walther; he is tall like me, as this was a gun that suits him, and he had an interesting point of view about the AirArms 900 :

"Why shoud I buy a gun that was made for somene else, the grip is small with little adjustment and the stock short" :mrgreen:
There is an expression

"horses for courses"

or

"what one man finds beautiful in his wife, another finds her ugly...and vice versa" :lol:

But talking of AirArms900 - they sound like lottery trouble > some good, some problematic >> http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/foru ... hp?t=22111
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#17 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Just seen this Sven, the bushing you will have to work out for yourself, if you cant see any difference any rifle will do.
The group is inconclusive, was that standing? To be a proper test you would need to shoot respectable consistent groups or solidly clamp and hold the barrel action in stock and scope fitted looking at distance.

There are known zero shift probs even with a bridged rail and free floating, add to that aluminium moves at an alarming rate by pressure against it and or temperature, your asking for trouble. Those one piece breach blocks with bridging rail move in three different areas with finger pressure.

2014? The first to my knowledge was the owner of this site back in March 2012 to have a 12ft/lb LG400 done properly followed months later by Mick T who brings it out for a few shots then puts it away.

Mick also turned a sleeve leaving wall thickness to slot into the massively wide loading channel to a more suitable pellet size sub 5mm. Also changed the barrel and reused original carbon sleeve. His shoots really nice for a Walther perhaps one of the best 5 in the country I could live with.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
ma
martinw

#18 Re: Walther LG400 Blacktec

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Sven wrote:I just ordered a LG400 in an LG400 Alu stock (so not the Blacktec) last week to start my conversion project to make a 16J Field Target LG400. Will take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. The price difference for the LG400 Economy and the LG400 Blacktec with the LG300 stock is not that big. So I chose the LG400 Alu stock. For very good prices see: http://www.hasselhorst.de/?seite=liefer ... ategorie=6

Spurlos 69 from the Ukraine has done 2 conversions. Jason on here ordered, or tried to order, a complete new design regulator for the LG400 from him.

There is a guy in Estonia (Aron Jalakas) that has one which was converted by the Estonian Walther importer with a LG300 16Joule regulator.
Estonian LG400 Aron Jalakas0034 - .jpg
And a guy (Sighter or Gert) in South Africa has done 2 in the same way (with the LG300 16J reg).
see http://www.airrifle.co.za/threads/36088 ... G300-LG400
I asked him for a drawing of the adapter that is needed to overcome the difference in length between the "pip" on the regulator between the 300 and 400 series. Have not had that yet. The regulator pip that goes into the breechblock is longer on the LG400. So to use an LG300 reg you need a bushing that seals on the valve seat.
So you're right no wizardry there.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Had good help from both Sighter and Sven when converting my lg400 to 16J.
Simplest way to get a cheapish ft-rifle.
Served me well last year, no shifts and works ok with original barrel and jsbe.

Return to “Walther”