New Walther KK500

Sven
Go to Rifle: Anschutz, Walther, ATOM
Where: Arnhem

#1 New Walther KK500

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:05 am

Walther has a new smallbore rifle coming: The Walther KK500. And the rumors in Germany are that its new stock design will be used to create the new LG500 in the near future

Looks like the Walther KK500 stock is not as revolutionary as the Anschutz 9015. But the smallbore breech system is more revolutionary than the new Anschutz Match54.30

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.ph ... how=detail

The text on the KK500 from the Walther website : (before they remove it like they did with the orange LG400, which has been ordered by a fellow shooter at my club by the way)

A world first: the Walther KK500
The new KK500 is a significant high-end extension of Walther’s KK300 range of small-bore rifles. With its special technical features, high shooting precision, new trigger and ergonomic stock it is designed primarily for shooters who compete at the national and international level.

WALTHER KK500:
• World first, protected by patent: bolt handle and cartridge ejection can be switched without tools for right- or left-handed operation
• Many exclusive technical features:
-Bolt and breech positioned far back in the receiver
-Ignition at the bottom of the cartridge rim
-Optimum cocking cam, smooth bolt handling
-Ball-bearing-mounted match trigger
-High-precision match barrel made of alloy steel …. and much more
• Developed in collaboration with top shooters like Henri Junghänel
• Choice of Alutec or advanced Anatomic stock
• Choice of mechanical or electronic trigger

World premiere in autumn 2015 – available for shipment starting in Q4 2015
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#2 Re: New Walther KK500

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Thanks SVEN for the scoop !

I can see the LG500 in Black anodised with walnut grip, cheek and hand rest already .. :o :mrgreen:

Mmm...will have to get used to that artsy fartsy banana look...but reckon if its in black- will be less pronounced. Am talking aesthetics only...

Ergonomic wise, the rear looks better put together than the Anschutz in terms of finished product; I can already see 2 camps forming. The Anschutz 9015, utilitarian scalpel, and the Walther LG500 having more "flair" and poseur appeal.

Anyway, will have to get my hands on both at IWA 2016...and of course, onto next stage to power modding... so, I'll have both please ! :mrgreen:
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#3 Re: New Walther KK500

Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:38 am

credit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 762&type=1

KK500 alu stock chassis...to be or not to be for the next LG500 ? as Sven says...may be a good chance...
Attachments
LG KK500 - 01.jpg
LG KK 500 - 02.jpg
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#4 Re: New Walther KK500

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:50 pm

...fast forward - no dedicated Field Target LG500 was launched in past 3 years...

However, if it were ever to materialise based in part on the KK500 alustock, would be good to have the dismantleable stock feature like this... AND the NEW carbon fibre air cylinder as found on the LP500 ;)
Attachments
Walther KK500 - 01.jpg
Walther KK500 - 02.jpg
Walther KK500 - 03.jpg
Walther KK500 - 04.jpg

Return to “Walther”